• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

Heading up to pickapart on Sat, anything anyone want me to look for? Looks like they have a 89 245, with a 2.3. a 90, 740 sedan, and a smattering of 960's.

I was out there on Monday, the 240 is pretty stripped, basically no interior, engine is dirty but there. has lots of rusty suspension bits left.
740 interior is gone. 960s have mostly complete motors and interiors. lots of 850s with good parts.

If you don't mind pulling a couple of Benz parts, that probably won't be there anyway sonce its been thee since march...I need a passenger mirror and the belly pan off the e320
I pay in beers

Okay, here's a weird one. Y'know the muffler in front of the axle on a 740? Toward the right side of it, there may be a hanger, bolted to the car- the piece with the hook that holds the rubber bit that you hook the muffler to. I say "may", because it wasn't present when I swapped my exhaust and I can't find a picture anywhere to prove this mythical thing exists. :grrr:

If, for some reason you look under a 740, we will move beyond superposition on Schr?dinger's exhaust bracket, proving it to either be or not be. If it does exist, I'd love you to grab both it and the rubber thingy.

Thanks!

M.

Okay, here's a weird one. Y'know the muffler in front of the axle on a 740? Toward the right side of it, there may be a hanger, bolted to the car- the piece with the hook that holds the rubber bit that you hook the muffler to. I say "may", because it wasn't present when I swapped my exhaust and I can't find a picture anywhere to prove this mythical thing exists. :grrr:

If, for some reason you look under a 740, we will move beyond superposition on Schr?dinger's exhaust bracket, proving it to either be or not be. If it does exist, I'd love you to grab both it and the rubber thingy.

Thanks!

M.

Try this...looks like #46 or #47 is the unobtainium you seek in the diagram http://www.volvopartswebstore.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=236951&ukey_make=865&ukey_model=20180&modelYear=1991&ukey_category=7865&ukey_driveLine=400

Thanks!

M.

So... Is there a sealed container where the hanger should be? If so it may be inside, both existing and not at the same time.

If the hanger decays, it kills the cat.

You can't know if the cat is alive, until you look under the boxy car.

At least, now that Aircare is over.

:rofl::lol::rofl:

picard_clapping.gif

Yeah, pretty sure it's #47...

M.

ok so a couple Benz parts, lightly dipped in beer, and a mythical hanger on the lam for killing a cat. Got it. ...I need to stop checking TB before my coffee kicks in...

Not Vancouver, but I saw this in Iceland last week and a Chuck Norris Renault Kangoo mini-camper is too good not to share...

Awesome!

How was Iceland? We've been talking about taking a trip there. I transferred planes there on my way to Sweden, but we couldn't plan it so we could stay a day and night on the way back.

Jordan

Awesome!

How was Iceland? We've been talking about taking a trip there. I transferred planes there on my way to Sweden, but we couldn't plan it so we could stay a day and night on the way back.

Jordan

It's definitely worth a stopover and I'd say you could get a good feel for Reykjavik with one of those 3-4 day stopover options Iceland Air offers. The hot springs are awesome, the landscape is pretty dramatic, people are cool, and Reykjavik has that European feel but is tiny and easy to get around. It's expensive though, and not very warm, and to see more than the capital region you'd probably want to rent a car. Food isn't great, but the beer is decent.

Back