• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

anyone have luck with this

nel621

43113.jpg

I bought this to finish a small project I was working on. I ran out of the Eastwood reflective chrome spray paint. That stuff looks like chrome. I bought the Duplicolor Chrome at AZ and tried to finish up the project. JUNK! The stuff was gray, nowhere near chrome, had to return it to AZ for a refund. They were surprised. I had a sample piece with me to prove it is not chrome. Guess I'll stick with Eastwood. Decided to leave things alone and kept the gray color. Next time.

I've used it to spray the inside of 240 turn signals with dull reflectors. Works well for that. Makes them look much nicer.
Dave B

I guess I got a bum can. But for $11 bucks for a short can I wasn't happy. Maybe next time I'm near a Wallyworld I'll see if they have some for less money.

I used the DupiColor Chrome on the turn signal reflectors also. Had them apart recently after 4 years and they still look good.

Must have been an old can.

I'm glad everyone got good results. l'll revisit this at a later date. Thanks. Like I said it must have been a bum can. I shook the heck out it for a good 5 mins. It did not even come close to the cap color. :grrr:

The duplicolor may be ok. But you are correct in that you usually get a product from eastwood that seems a bit better than the mass market stuff. Like their battery tray coating. Or their rust encapsulator that doesn't have the horrid fumes like a POR paint does. So yeah eastwood if you can.

I used to buy a Seymour brand stainless steel paint that was really great for painting brackets and accessory drive parts.

Chrome spray paint always looks like a bright aluminum paint. It will never look like chrome. The cap on the spray paint is actually chromed plastic, not what the paint looks like.

I use it like bright aluminum. That's all it is.

I didn't expect it to look exactly like the cap but at last be reflective. I get that the cap is chromed plastic but comparing the Eastwood product to Duplicolor it was like night and day.

they changed the formula and the new stuff sucks!!! They kept the same sku and part number but it is no longer epoxy and no longer shiny

Back