• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

850 Hydraulic Motor mounts info

thelostartof

unbalanced chemical
300+ Club
Does anyone happen to know the compressed height of an 850 motor mount? I want to make some semi solid mounts for mine and I haven't had time to get under it and see if I can even measure the compressed height.

Are the 850 mounts the same as the 7/9?

For those wondering I just made these for my 945

rps20180915_144015_344.jpg

Don't make the 850 into a giant vibrator.

You seem to miss that there is still a rubber bushing there, Neither of my 7/9 have any vibration issues with these style mounts. Plus the OEM mounts are junk these days it seem as they cause a ton more vibration by just allowing to much movement.

Dunno, I've used the normally available mounts in 2 different 850's with no issues at all. One was in the R a few years back, put in some Anchor's, had more vibration from a poly dogbone than from the hydro's. Just did the SIL's NA with a Corteco and Hutchinson combo, no vibration at all from that either.

Pfff adding a poly bushing to the upper engine mount already made it a pleasant vibrator. Then adding another one to lower trans made it tickle even more

The stock engine mints twerk great

the hydro mounts don't typically fail often, it's always that block one on the passenger side subframe, I just replaced mine the other day.

Solid subframe bushings (kaplefunky's delrin ones, or IPD inserts), urethane control arm bushings / upper engine mount, and all the lower engine mounts in good shape that should be plenty stiff.

I have Bne’s Delrin bushings. My IPD poly upper mount disintegrated after 18 months. Went with the newer square style stock rubber one.

Back