• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rich raises the bar on the 7/9 LS Turbo game - 901 RWHP!!!

Thank you all for the kind words. Crazy how a $300 blown up Volvo wagon that was bought and built as a joke has gotten so out of hand now. I have had tons of fun, fell in love with Volvos and met a lot of really cool people along the way. Now where do we go from here? lol

Put a B230 back in and make same whp

Old school, try to make it from a 1.6L B16 pushrod motor.

EDIT: Although really, sticking a B230 back in (the cargo area) could help with dyno traction issues.

Last edited:
"Real money' is a rather flexible term, but just based on Denmah's description in the video, there aren't a lot of high dollar parts in the mix. I'm assuming the 6.0 'smoky ring' engine doesn't have many shiny $$$ parts in it, probably a stock, possibly unopened bottom end, certainly a cam swap and valve springs at a minimum.

And the turbo isn't super exotic either, it's just big (compared to what you'd put anywhere near a Volvo motor.

Turbos can replace displacement, but they can't replace displacement with a turbo.

I saw this car (and creepily introduced myself to Rich) while it was still 5.3 powered, and I was shocked then.
900whp is incredible.
Congrats to everyone involved.

Now where do we go from here? lol

1000RWHP or bust!!! :omg:

Any chance you have a timeslip with the 901 combo?

Again, super impressive Rich.

I'm not even going to speculate on cost as it really depends on ones pocketbook / resourcefulness as to what affordable is.

I saw this car (and creepily introduced myself to Rich) while it was still 5.3 powered, and I was shocked then.
900whp is incredible.
Congrats to everyone involved.

Not creepy at all man! I enjoyed meeting and chatting with you.
Thanks for the congrats

1000RWHP or bust!!! :omg:

Any chance you have a timeslip with the 901 combo?

Again, super impressive Rich.

I'm not even going to speculate on cost as it really depends on ones pocketbook / resourcefulness as to what affordable is.

Not yet but weather dependent, it might be soon!

Back