• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Park Your Brick Next To Another Brick

^ Wow, I wish I could find some nice headlamps like your 242's got.
Or a parts car with the single rounds and old fenders, of course.

I absolutely never see 240's from pre-1986 in northeast Indiana. My grandpa's old '69 145 and '72 P1800ES are the only old volvos I've seen in the entire midwest, not counting a PV544 I've seen once or twice.

Either find a set of the DJAuto lamps, or get some Cibie units from a 1981-93 European 240. Then, you'll have the E-code headlamps that fit your car's front end.

-J

photo.php

Met another one today (owner was absent and I had to leave before he came back...).
Not sure what model year because the VIN was covered by the dash cover.

Also since my last post in this thread I got my nice headlamps.

(Click images for full size)

Volvling, a member on these forums, owns the 142E, of which I am rather extremely jealous.
(Please go tell him not to go and lower it or widen the rims! It's too pristine! Or encourage him, I guess, I'm not your boss.)

I don't actually know the name of the guy who owns the 544, but I've chatted with him on more than one occasion. Nice guy! Nice car, too. Apparently it's at around 72,000 miles.

"Just broken in," as he said! I believe his had a B16, since it was a 1961 model.
This 'cruise-in' had three times the normal number of Volvos present (usually just the 544). Indiana was not a mecca of non-american automobiles.

Last edited:
Didn't know this thread existed!

Last week a new blue 245 parked on my street so I had to snuggle up next to it. Was hoping to see the owner but never did
PXL-20230605-035654322.jpg

Last time I was parked next to another brick. My friend left about fifteen minutes before me. In that amount of time some douche bag blasted my left rear quarter panel. So now my road warrior wagon has a dented drivers door and dented left rear quarter. No one stays and tells you they hit you.

Back