• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

The Alibi Room in Gastown has a ton of beers on tap if you don't want to hop from place to place and just enjoy a whole bunch of local (and imported) goodness from one spot.

50 taps going, pretty hipsterish and good food. I haven't been there in a while though.

ninja edit: http://www.alibi.ca/

edit edit: seems like there's a ton of places i need to check out around here. I'm usually a lager or stout kinda guy not huge on the IPAs though

Last edited:
Aight guise. Got my room booked at the Hampton inn downtown. Checking in Saturday, checking out Sunday.

Who are we drinking with?

Edit; what should we do all afternoon till the beer starts to flow. Super limited time in town, wanna make the best of it.

Last edited:
Why wait until the afternoon?

If you have to wait go for a walk around Stanley Park?

Go to Van Dusen gardens for Christmas fun type stuff?

Robson Street for shopping?

Check out The Drive for hippy goodness? Commercial drive in East Van.

Go to numerous coffee shops..Revolver, Matchstick, Parallel 49, Bump and Grind (on the drive).

Meat and Bread for a tasty lunch. Revolver is very near Meat and Bread.

Hike Dog Mountain on Seymour for a great view of the city.

Last edited:
Smokes was closest, just crushed some pulled pork poutine.
Down on Granville.

Should I get a train pass for the day?

My cell is (757) three 7 five, three too 5 six. If anyone wants to get up with me, mostly just using Wi-Fi to avoid international fees lol

Yeah I was wondering why the sky train never left the ground lol.
Got beers with Mark last night, had a great time, meeting up with Amar later today.

Vancouver is a real cool place, I'm glad we took the time to come up

Yeah I was wondering why the sky train never left the ground lol.
Got beers with Mark last night, had a great time, meeting up with Amar later today.

Vancouver is a real cool place, I'm glad we took the time to come up

Sorry to have missed meeting a fellow T-Bricker! Glad you folks came and explored!

Sorry to have missed meeting a fellow T-Bricker! Glad you folks came and explored!

Yeah scheduling wasn't ideal obviously, never got together with Amar either, but I'm pretty sure I need to bring the wife up here someday.

Y'all have a pretty cool town, Stanley park alone is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

I'd love for you to see Vancouver in the summer when it's at its peak. Great to meet another TBer!

M.

Guys (and gals).

A local 240 nut (nicest guy you'd ever meet) passed away a couple of weeks ago. His family didn't want to sell his parts collection individually. I bought the lot, without really looking through everything. I'm just looking to keep this stuff local for now. If you're looking for 240 parts, let me know. My parents are up this way for christmas, and could probably bring stuff back down to the lower mainland/interior between christmas and new years.

Some of the more notable parts are

28mm drop sway bar
16V head
2xK cams
1xA cam
1xB cam
LH 2.4 flywheel w/clutch
Perfect black leather front seats and rear seats (for a 244).
a garrett turbo that needs a rebuild
all sorts of maintenance stuff.
Rear glass for a 245 with flush tailgate....
Piles of ECU's
Piles of MAF's.
Nice floor trays.
sedan and wagon lights
As I unload (up to 3 truck loads of parts already) I'm making a list of stuff that's here.

PM me if you are interested in anything. Can sort something out.

Back