• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Stripped threads, drain plug

Oversize self-tapping plug sounds like the ticket. I wonder where I can find that here in Sweden... Might have to order from eBay US...

Regarding the shavings I'll just pour the oil I recently put in through again, and then put fresh oil in it once the plug is in place..

One ghetto idea I came up with is to tack weld the plug in place after drilling/threading M12 or something through it... That might work?

Well, any real seam welding involves dropping the pan unless you want to start an oil fire. At that point I may as well just put in a different pan with intact threads. :-P

Well, any real seam welding involves dropping the pan unless you want to start an oil fire. At that point I may as well just put in a different pan with intact threads. :-P

Didn't even think about that, sorry:oops: have you decided what to do yet? Going one size up then using your old oil to flush out the metal shaving sounds like a good idea.

The reinforcement insert for the plug isn't very thick/large diameter there. Don't drill it too big.

Still, a repair plug and pour some old oil and maybe clean kerosene through the motor cleans stuff out real nice...

Back