home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > maintenance & nonperformance

Old 01-07-2019, 09:43 AM   #1
ab1

Default A/C wiring help required

hi all,

im in the final steps of wiring up my gm style a/c conversion to my 164 however ive hit a bit of a stumbling block wiring up the pressure switches.

i have wired the compressor to a simple on off original style switch and the clutch will engage fine. my understanding that in order to wire in the low and high pressure switches that i need to hook them up to the ground wire (85) on the relay my understanding is that they act as circuit breakers.

not sure if anyone has a wiring diagram for a late 240 ac system.

would really appreciate if anyone could chime in on this one.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:58 PM   #2
DEK2688
RTFM

Not a 240 W/D, this is from a ‘95- 940, but I would presume the a/c systems were similar.

The 2 spare pressure senders -7/38, 7/40 in the condenser connect to the ecu for low and high pressure which in turn controls the e-fan. The ecu also controls the e-fan via the temp sender.

Hope it helps -

Idiocy is multiplicative. Two half-wits do not equal a full-witted person; they equal a quarter-witted person. Stupidity does not build upon stupidity to create genius. It breeds like a bucket full of coked out hamsters.
DEK2688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 08:36 AM   #3
ab1

thanks for that much appreciated. my system is very differnt to this ad i used the ground from compressor relay to wire the cycling switch. what threw me was someone had put a piece of wire in the connector which shorted out the causing the circuit to ground and engage the clutch under any conditions. had me thinking id completely cooked the wiring.
ab1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 08:37 AM   #4
ab1

im unsure what high pressure switch to choose if it is to have a pressure to engage the fan and to cut off the compressor at x psi. im confused if this would be a 3 wire or 4 wire switch.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:58 AM   #5
dbarton
Bored Member

1993 240 wiring diagrams PDF: https://greenbook-archive.s3-ap-sout...4c78713dcedbdb
Dave B

'84 242ti, owned since 2003. Always garaged since brand new. Old-school rounds because. B21FT, iPd Springs/Sways, SDS EFI/IGN, TD04HL-15G, T5Z trans with 0.73 OD retrofitted, 3.91 diff with G80.
Volvo seeks Divorce from Volvo Enthusiast Community: www.prancingmoose.com/#novolvo
Dave's Volvo Page: www.davebarton.com
dbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:09 PM   #6
ab1

cheers for that dave.

i think ive worked out my wiring now. ill find out when i gas it and the compressor kicks on or not