• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Texas240 was 16v but now LM7 5.3L

Yes, all that is not necessary if the hole is drilled out and you are using some cutting fluid.

Something is wrong if you are putting that much effort into it.

The 6 point socket was slipping around the corners of the tap, a 12 point will hold like my wrench is doing. Just need a little more leverage and that was it.

and now She is tapped and all I need now is that squirter kit from John V whenever he finally answers my pm

Well... it is a tapered tap... how far you run the tap in will depend on the fitting you're using. Have you tried installing the fitting yet? If you spin the tap in too far, the threads will end up too large for the hole.

why do you not machine the block for Volvo squirters?

You want to pay for it?

are you an IATSE member? Just noticed the sticker in the back window.......

Nice wagon btw

Im in the Local 484 Film and Tv

Well... it is a tapered tap... how far you run the tap in will depend on the fitting you're using. Have you tried installing the fitting yet? If you spin the tap in too far, the threads will end up too large for the hole.

Ive run the tap about half way and this is the first time ive had this issue before. But all is well now

News flash Not. I found out what the problem was. When I drilled the final size out with my step bit I seemed to get it off track a little and it didnt quite follow the line so there was a slight notch sticking out now allowing the tap to continue. Took the dremel out and fixed that.

So now I wonder how the other tap broke when it wasnt even touching that notch..

472b.jpg

morgan +four the win.. I'm named after the 68 +4 that my dad was driving when i was born.

Back