• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Huge increase with no exhaust

sweetswede

My friend and I took the exhaust off from the cat back and replaced it with a 40 degree bend and an extention that extends to infront of the rear passenger tire. It is really loud but it is worth it now. I could not get above 8.5psi before and now I get 13psi. Super fast now and super loud. I think I might put one muffler in but that will be it. Still running cat too!! :D

Get rid of the cat!!!
I made a straight dump exhaust down pipe for my old 244tic, didnt even angle it out, just had it shooting straight at the ground. You'd be suprised how loud it was. It sounded like a tractor at idle, and woke up everybody within a 3 block radius when I took it to work...at 4:30 am...Sunday morning.

I miss that car. 7,000+ rpm in a 244tic with: no interior save a driver's seat, an open air box, and open exhaust, K grind cam, term 11 mod, and a disconnected wastegate pushing about 16psi. It burned into 3rd. What an amazing car, what fun for such little money. Too bad I had to part it out and crush it.

There wasnt much bottom end with that setup, but damn watch out above 3.5k. At 4k in 1st it would light them up from a roll, and spin all the way to 7+ and then spin hard into 2nd, and chirp pretty decent into 3rd. I never really got a chance to look at the tach that much, didnt look at the boost gauge too much ether.

Back