• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo 144 b230fk

What shall I do with the roof rack

• Total voters
Modified downpipe:

2j2akqx.jpg

that's pretty close.. you might considder a bracket to keep the engine from tilting at acceleration.. or move the bung upwards..

It's looking like the turbo isn't really doing anything, I hope its the waste gate but a few backfires might have destroyed the turbo.

It's running on LPG at the moment. I had a few backfires when the ignition wasn't set right, but I don't know how much damage they can give.

Yesterday I repaired the last leaks in the cooling system. I'm not quite shore about one connection. I connected the the water inlet of the turbo to the hose of the coolant tank, is this aright like this or doe it has to be connected on the press side?

Which vaporiser are you using (brand/type) at least I assume you use an oldskool vaporiser and not vapor injection atm?
Blow through or draw through setup?

I use and oldskool vaporiser, I have to check what the brand is but its a draw trough system.

Ok well draw throught in itself is already not that good for your turbocharger. Check some aussie websites/boards. LPG/propane is used a lot over there in performance applications. Old school vaporisers as well.
Your vaporiser can not handle boost? I mean can't you change it to blow through?

btw how are your controlling spark?

The gas is drawn in by the turbo, this way it always has vacuum, otherwise the over pressure of the turbo would stop the gas from going in.

With controlling spark you mean the ignition system? Its a hot spark ignition, similar to one out of the turbo.

The gas is drawn in by the turbo, this way it always has vacuum, otherwise the over pressure of the turbo would stop the gas from going in.With controlling spark you mean the ignition system? Its a hot spark ignition, similar to one out of the turbo.

If you use a vaporiser which is actually designed to work with boost it won?t!
Draw through means you can?t use an IC which would help you gain some power and reliability especially on LPG. Draw through also means your setup is far more sensitive to backfires than a blow through setup.

Is there a way to use this blow trough vaporisers without an computer controlled system? I know there is a piece from necam that can be used for this system, but they are frankly impossible to get.

The exhaust system I'm running now is a 2 1/4 inch rvs pipe with one Walker muffler like this:
xcUaUoVYpnh1IqN0Z4+T8A==.jpg

But its still very very very loud. Would a cherry bomb between the muffler and downpipe help a lot? I'd like to have the least amount of noise possible.

Is there a way to use this blow trough vaporisers without an computer controlled system? I know there is a piece from necam that can be used for this system, but they are frankly impossible to get.

Yes there is. Use google and focus mainly on australian website for information. You?ll find all the info you need. To buy parts I?d check ebay co.uk or ebay poland.
Necam isn?t the only company that has vaporisers which are suitable for turbo setups.
Might be wise to use some form of wideband to tune it.

If you are using a 2 1/4" exhaust you should be able to use a V900 turbo rear silencer. Should make it very quit.

I'm glad there is an other way to run a turbo on LPG. But I cant find anything on Australian sites I can work with. Do you have a link to one of these sites? or is there anyone here who can explain this method to me?

I've googled things like: LPG performance, LPG turbo, high performance LPG etc with succes.

You place the venturi in front of the throttle body. The vaporiser will need a vacuum/boost pickup somewhere in your intercooler piping (before the venturi). This pickup is used as a reference to compensate for the boost (/lack of it) but also to keep the diaphragm (did I spell that right?) in the correct position. Pretty simple. Like a normal vaporiser it has a water in/out, LPG in-out only thing really different from what you are running at the moment is the fact that it has the vacuum connection. If you use a vaporiser like that on a N/A setup don't connect it to the intake/piping. At least that's what other people do.

Back