• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

SoCal: Annual Spring Volvo Picnic, Mar 23 (Saturday)

dbarton

Dejected by Volvo Corp.
The 13th annual SoCal Spring Volvo Picnic
will be on Saturday, March 23, roughly 9 AM to 2 PM.

NEW Location: McVicker Park, Lake Elsinore, CA
Corner of Grand Ave and McVicker Canyon Park Road.
Click HERE for more details, directions, map, etc.

NO COST TO ATTEND.
Open to ALL Volvo enthusiasts. Always as been.
FREE BBQ LUNCH PROVIDED: hamburgers, hotdogs and other goodies

Bring your Volvos. Photo album of last years picnic HERE.

A number of attendees historically gather at C A R S and C O F F E E in Irvine prior to the picnic.
C A R S and C O F F E E is on Saturday mornings, approx 7:00 to 9:00 AM at Ford/Mazda Campus, 7905 Gateway Blvd, Irvine, CA

DIRECTIONS:
BEST ROUTE, From South Orange County, using I-5:
Take I-5 to San Juan Capistrano and exit at ORTEGA HIGHWAY (Hwy 74, Exit 82). Turn EAST toward Lake Elsinore. Drive 28 miles until you reach the end. Turn LEFT on Grand Avenue. In about 1/2 mile the road slowly begins to turn right. Make a LEFT here to stay on GRAND AVENUE. Drive 2 miles and then turn LEFT at MCVICKER CANYON PARK ROAD (traffic light here). Turn left into park.

From locations using I-15:
Take I-15 to Lake Elsinore and exit LAKE STREET (Exit 81). Turn SOUTH and drive 2.6 miles. Turn RIGHT at MCVICKER CANYON PARK ROAD (traffic light here). Turn left into park.

Dave B.

Last edited:
I hope people are paying attention to the NEW location of this years picnic. I got a call from someone the other day who is coming, but never bothered to read past the date and had no idea that this event is NOT AT IRVINE PARK.

Holy crap, I didnt realize either...its been at Irvine park for the last 8 years ive gone...its 80 miles from me, I cant mae that this weekend, im bummed! Have fun guys, hopefully I can make something else soon enuff

Back