• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Tips for getting M46 input shaft into clutch

Would there be any disadvantage to pressing two seals in the carrier? Assuming they both fit, of course

Just... no.

If there was an advantage, would the manufacturer have done it? Or would they rather leave oil drops than to put two seals in?

Think about it another way - if oil makes it past the first seal, where does it go from there?

Volvo had specialized tools being used in clean rooms. I have a driveway.
One seal properly installed is more than enough to keep oil in the crankcase where it belongs. If it makes it past one it will make it past the other because duh.
Maybe I could use the ****ty brownish Elring seal with a smaller lip to help drive in the wider orange seal? The first orange one didn't want to seat no matter what I did, and a little bit of rtv type stuff just made it slide around in the carrier and hook itself around the far edge of the crankshaft flange. That sucked. The Elring one was worse since the outside edge of it was narrower, even less grip on the aluminum.
This time around I'll remove the carrier so I can get the seal 100%

Last edited:
Back