• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Virgo 3 piece wheels. Pics?

Ya no we don't do that sort of thing over here.

Just buy some of those 18" Benz SUV Virgo look alike wheels and adapters.

Last edited:
One of the Buchkas made baller 2 piece Gems. Don't remember 3 piece virgos.

IMG_1662.JPG

One of the Buchkas made baller 2 piece Gems. Don't remember 3 piece virgos.

IMG_1662.JPG

Those do look great. And yeah I do remember with near certainty Virgos have been done too.

Thanks for posting that. I have virgos and 330mm rotors. Thus my interest in the subject.

Ok bud. I did search. Used Google since doing so within the forum is less effective in my experience. There is a reference to Virgos in that thread you linked but no pics per the title of the thread.

I think the $4600 price tag is all you need to know.

For a wheel that still doesn't clear big brakes according to the thread...

:e-shrug:

Last edited:
I think the $4600 price tag is all you need to know.

For a wheel that still doesn't clear big brakes according to the thread...

:e-shrug:

I don?t need others to determine what I need to know. The price of those may or may not be indicative of what others will cost and clearing calipers is a non issue with 2 piece rotors. But thanks for your 30 seconds.

You're going to have a hard time fitting a 330mm rotor inside a 15" wheel.
On the rally car, using wheels designed to clear bike rotors and calipers, a 298mm rotor leaves about 10-15mm between the caliper and the inner barrel of the wheel.

If you want big brakes for a 15" virgo, or 15" 10-spoke, I'm working on a setup that should be available soon through a local volvo supplier.

If you want big brakes for a 15" virgo, or 15" 10-spoke, I'm working on a setup that should be available soon through a local volvo supplier.

I've held off on a brake upgrade because I'm not willing to go to 17" wheels (running 16s) and haven't had time to spec out a package. Keep me in mind!

I've held off on a brake upgrade because I'm not willing to go to 17" wheels (running 16s) and haven't had time to spec out a package. Keep me in mind!

Will do. I need to find some 16" volvo wheels to make sure the calipers will clear the spokes.

You're going to have a hard time fitting a 330mm rotor inside a 15" wheel.
On the rally car, using wheels designed to clear bike rotors and calipers, a 298mm rotor leaves about 10-15mm between the caliper and the inner barrel of the wheel.

Thanks for the info.

I?m currently running Bimmer 17? wheels but have Virgos and just was wondering about 3 piece conversion.

I am one of those that thinks the aesthetic sweet spot is 16? wheels on our cars. I BBK for 16? wheels is a void that begs to be filled. Maybe someday I?ll recreate the ATS adapter bracket to fit 302mm rotors

Thanks for the info.

I am one of those that thinks the aesthetic sweet spot is 16? wheels on our cars. I BBK for 16? wheels is a void that begs to be filled. Maybe someday I?ll recreate the ATS adapter bracket to fit 302mm rotors

Of course.

I'm working an a Wilwood caliper and 298mm (11.75") rotor with aluminum hats right now. Almost doable with off the shelf parts, but the rotor ends up about 2-3mm away from the outer tie-rod boot. Probably not great for longevity of the tie-rod.

Price point is ~$900 for everything (calipers, caliper adapters, pads, rotors, hats)

Of course.

I'm working an a Wilwood caliper and 298mm (11.75") rotor with aluminum hats right now. Almost doable with off the shelf parts, but the rotor ends up about 2-3mm away from the outer tie-rod boot. Probably not great for longevity of the tie-rod.

Price point is ~$900 for everything (calipers, caliper adapters, pads, rotors, hats)

Whoa, keep us posted on this. Very interested. I like my 15" wheels, So other braking options aren't really an option.

Of course.

if this drags on long enough for me to recover from the cost of head work/turbo swapping that would be fine :lol:. Excited that this could be coming though!

Back