• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Here's a sad story (V8 volvo chassis in Junkyard)

volvomuch

Some of you may remember the guy on here named Volvovette. Well, here is an update on the car. This is what happens when a moron gets hold of a nice volvo.

Here is the car when he got it:
IMG_5585.jpg

Here is the car today:
volvo3.jpg
vovlo1.jpg

It really wasn't a bad car. Nothing was majorly wrong with it. Had a 305 and a 700r4.
The 305 was okay. The car got a 350 swapped in, and it turned out to be junk. So the plan became, "swap in a 383 stroker with twin turbos and a 6 speed." At this point, I had enough with the owner of the car, bc i was not working for free anymore on it. So needless to say nothing ever got done with the car. 6 months later and he finally decides to scrap the car.

Somebody should go save the car. Heres some goodies still on the car I didnt have time to get off.

IPD front and rear sway bars (3:73 gears), brand new gm alternator, new sunpro tach, and 3 gauge setup. I had wired the car to only have the lights(brakes, turn signals and such) and the distributor. So all the switches are still in it. It has blue cloth seats. A gm power steering pump (works fine) that had new lines made to fit the volvo steering rack. The car has a Trans Dapt engine crossmember welded to the frame rails (wit the engine and trans in the motor set a 0*.) So I'm pretty sure its straight. Also had a IPD Gauge cluster and clock (clock didnt work to my knowledge)

So now there's a sbc/700r4 setup chassis in the junkard (LARRYS AUTO on US1 in JACKSONVILLE,FL).

But here are some pictures just to rub it in volvovettes face some more. (By the way I have a few parts for sale as well from this car.)

Last edited:
Lol indeed. I remember when I went to buy the car wit the car. HE was like omg, its got a shift kit. i dont have to push teh button down when i moved the shifter. I was OMG this is going to be bad lol.

I could. But it was more of a we were friends at the time and I was helping him out bc he was a moron. i tried my best to buy it for $60 before he signed it over to the scrap yard.lmao

I could. But it was more of a we were friends at the time and I was helping him out bc he was a moron. i tried my best to buy it for $60 before he signed it over to the scrap yard.lmao

I do feel that since you did try to buy it off him and he still sent a perfectly good body to the scrap yard, it gives you legal rite to punch him in the dick.

It would have been awesome to have a V8 240 in tha DUVAL! but oh well....:oops:

Seriously, how hard would it have been to swap in another 350? All the hard work is done already!

Lol, what a wanker.

the guy was a lazy pos. like i welded the crossmember in, lined everything up. rewired the whole...basically i built the damn thing and never got offered a chance to save it. and this one was a 78. it had the quad round headlights. hell i was even in the process of cutting the fire wall and recessing it, and making a new trans tunnel. but oh well.

and to the guy that referred to the v8 volvos in duval. there is some guy in middleburg that builds these things like crazy. i have seen two of his cars for sale on craigs. one was a station wagon with a 350/4 speed and the other was 5.0.

Back