• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Who has 300+hp on a 8V. How did you do it?

ebay, turbo shops, etc. One of the guys down in AZ sells turbo stuff, you might try him (tryingb or tyingbe i think)

LOL... you guys are killing me..lol.... so tempting.. I would perfer to just keep it simple.

It does't get much more simple then that brother. ;-) A simple solenoid and switch and two MBC's and you're off to the races.... errr..... grocery store. :rofl:

Is 300hp possible on a 160 head? Also I will probably get flamed and hammered with "oh just MS it" but is 300hp possible on any form of K-jet that ever existed?

160 is similar if not the same as a 530 right? so i would assume it's possible(but i wouldnt' suggest it without some grinding)

300hp on kjet possible? i would say so, but it'll prolly cost more in heavy ass cobbled parts to do it(i just personally hated kjet on my car)

i'm just regurgitating bs i read online, add your own salt
jason

I have to ask, but why is it that I see people using the stock 8v intake manifold on a 16v head when turbo'd. I was online looking at some pics and there were like 4 different cars I saw with that setup..

Any reason?

I didn't read the total thread, but the real question is how much does 300hp cost? Engine, tranny, and all of the other fun bits and pieces you need to make 300hp do able and reliable. If I was going to try for 300 plus Hp, a carburated 350 v8 back by a power-glide (if a power-glide swap is possible without two much cutting and welding) seems like the smarter way to go. I am sure i going to catch 3 kinds of hell for this comment but, that's my 2 cents.

What is a kjet?

Hahaha. Also this:
kjet.jpg

It's mechanical fuel injection and for some reason I like it. Actually I know why I do and that's because I hate wiring and K-jet has about the minimum amount of wiring needed to function so it's good. I thought the 160 head was similar but still worse than a 530? I know the exhaust side is pretty bad as I can see it on the h160 I have but I've never actually looked inside a 530 so I wouldn't know.

I didn't read the total thread, but the real question is how much does 300hp cost? Engine, tranny, and all of the other fun bits and pieces you need to make 300hp do able and reliable. If I was going to try for 300 plus Hp, a carburated 350 v8 back by a power-glide (if a power-glide swap is possible without two much cutting and welding) seems like the smarter way to go. I am sure i going to catch 3 kinds of hell for this comment but, that's my 2 cents.

Smarter? That's debatable. Easier? After doing all the work to fit a 350 in a 240, also debatable. Cheaper? After buying a new motor, trans, and all the other swap ****, definitely debatable.

Hahaha. Also this:
kjet.jpg

It's mechanical fuel injection and for some reason I like it. Actually I know why I do and that's because I hate wiring and K-jet has about the minimum amount of wiring needed to function so it's good. I thought the 160 head was similar but still worse than a 530? I know the exhaust side is pretty bad as I can see it on the h160 I have but I've never actually looked inside a 530 so I wouldn't know.

Oh, nice...Thanks

I have to ask, but why is it that I see people using the stock 8v intake manifold on a 16v head when turbo'd. I was online looking at some pics and there were like 4 different cars I saw with that setup..

Any reason?

this has already been covered in your other thread when talking about manifolds....flow issue when the 16v is turbo'd for high HP applications (a 200hp turbo 16v is not high HP, that is only 50hp more than stock)

also when a 16v is installed in 240, I believe an 8v intake fits better (hopefully someone chimes in on this one that knows for sure)

Back