• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Shim settings for rsi stage 2

Heres the sheet that comes with a kg2t. I didn't even receive it when I got one from a group buy, but got this image from another user. It gives an installation angle at least.

To get mine to the position they specify on a block/head that was cut ~.010" and a stock headgasket, I had to advance the cam ~13? (over one full tooth).

original.jpg

Wait, so there's a spec for how to set the cam and make sure it's actually at TDC? Damn. lol

Spent a lot of time trying to find any kind of specs for the IPD cam since I didn't get any form of cam card with it, finally found something on the Enem site, buried. RSI is not alone with not providing info on their cams.

O hello everyone. Yes, the RSI 2 is on its way out.

Looks like trying to sell it here will be pointless now...

Hey Sparkles
I also got the stage I cam in the gb and I like it over the standard cam that was in there before. Decided to be sensible for once & not get the stage II to keep a more usable rev range.
Wagon is a dd, with other mods, I'm running the cam 4 degrees advanced.
Tim

Just an FYI for those reading this thread.
The IPD Turbo cam, same as the Enem V15 Turbo cam, is set at TDC with #1 intake 1.0mm open at TDC. Took some digging to get all the needed info, figured I'd save some people some research time.

Set mine to 1* advanced over that, really does run quite nice, might bump it 1 more and leave it at that, we'll see.

Just an FYI for those reading this thread.
The IPD Turbo cam, same as the Enem V15 Turbo cam, is set at TDC with #1 intake 1.0mm open at TDC. Took some digging to get all the needed info, figured I'd save some people some research time.

Set mine to 1* advanced over that, really does run quite nice, might bump it 1 more and leave it at that, we'll see.

Harlardrdrd, take note.

Shhhh, we don't want him to have the needed info to make his car faster. It's fun watching him fight issues he shouldn't be fighting...

:-P

But seriously, yes Harlard, set it up that way, definitely helps to know where it's at to give you a starting point on tuning. Also helps validate the marks on the adjustable gear you're running.

Back