• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rear muffler finally fell off

linuxman51

Railspeeder Enthusiast #1
300+ Club
Ok, so maybe i pulled it off the end, either way, the raspy leak was aggravating, so I pulled the old piece off, and this is whats left:

72904562.jpg

Car has a deeper note at idle (probably due to the exhaust exiting under the car), and at least 25 more wheel hp, as from a dead stop without brake spooling I can hose a tire. Picked up about a pound of boost on the spike, not sure if its holding better now or not.

Will need to finalize my exhaust plans soon tho, I dont like it the way it is right now. Who makes a good 2.5 straight through resonator?

I love butt dynos, but from a muffler??? Or maybe you've been having other related issues that I don't know about. But, on the same page, I can't wait to run around town a few days on just the downpipe while I wait to get an exhaust made up.

I love butt dynos, but from a muffler??? Or maybe you've been having other related issues that I don't know about. But, on the same page, I can't wait to run around town a few days on just the downpipe while I wait to get an exhaust made up.

Try putting a clogged-ass muffler on your car and see what happens.

Funnily enough, my rear muffler rusted and fell off pulling out of the high school parking lot. Made a nice difference for power without the nasty stock rear chambered muffler that was like a 1.75" exhaust :wtf:
Mom's 90 744T has a magnaflow 4" round bullet muffler and a big straight through magnaflow 2.5" on the back. Has a 3" cat. It is almost as quiet as stock. It is sort of erie how fast the T25 pee shooter spools. 2.5" is a good sizing for a 240 over-axle exhaust with the crash triangles. You can fit a huge straight though 5x11 oval straight through magnaflow on the back of a 240...
Evilbay has good deals on them.

I had a scooter... that struggled to hit 20km/h.

Drilled holes in the muffler, closer to the engine each time with 1" apart... and we could hear the idle revving up with each hole made. A 1" straight through muffler from a TS-50X :-)-D) later it did 60km/h.

Kenny has a 240? I'm so out of the loop. Looking at the picture again, that would kinda explain the orientation of that box :rofl:

cheers

James

i had to hack off the rear muffler on my 240T, and it sounds wonderful. too bad california would never allow it to stay like that.

what have you done to the 240 kenny?

i had to hack off the rear muffler on my 240T, and it sounds wonderful. too bad california would never allow it to stay like that.

what have you done to the 240 kenny?

fred's chips and a boost controller, other than that its a stock 93 b230ft and aw71, old style intercooler. nothing fancy yet, and its not gonna get much fancier, just a slightly bigger less blown up turbo, ported exhaust manifold and turbine housing, and a quiet 2.5 exhaust that bolts up to the stock dp.

oh yeah and a rebuilt aw71L with a slightly higher stall converter. and a 700 series locker. but seriously, nothing crazy, I drive it every day, the mere fact that it'll light em up pretty much at will in the dry is giggles enough for me.

Yeah I am going to have a huge oval magnaflow put on at the back of my 242 Tee Eye.

highflow_kittah.jpg

Its 24" long with the outlets and 8" wide. With the offset outlet it gives my some more mounting flexability so theres no worry of it hitting the gas tank or anything else.

not to be an asshole, but remember who you're referencing. Also, I picked up 5mph trap speed by loosening the exhaust at the dp (wish it'd stayed off, car mighta trapped 94-95). and hell even if it didnt gain a single horsepowers, its picked up a fair amount of torque and dropped the spoolup time.

Back