• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MountainMeet 2k18: September 26-30

I will hopefully have some hot peppers from the garden for this event. I'll make up some sauces.

deer got mine this year. jerks. might "drop" some corn and have a meat harvest this fall...

I'm going to drastically change up my garden in the off season, I've had uncontrollable weed issues with my raised bed, and adding the deer on top of that has kinda pushed things to a breaking point. going to probably build narrow beds ($$$, yuck, but what are you going to do?) in the off season and and go a year or two with straw bales to build up a nice light substrate. had much better luck with those anyway than I've had with any in-ground stuff (except my hot peppers. those did fairly well last year)

Sounds good to me. Just send $30 to propav8r@gmail.com.

Friday is pretty laid back, mostly hanging around the lodge and drinking earlier than is usually socially acceptable. Saturday is usually a drive followed by the big meal/party/shindig which usually goes on into the early morning.

Alright then. I?ll probably show up Friday, I?ll send you money tomorrow.

Dana, I'll send you the decal graphics in a day or three.

Yeah cool. Sounds good. This years is going to be a bitch lol. Good thing i'll have pleeeenty of time (will still be last minute i'm sure).

deer got mine this year. jerks. might "drop" some corn and have a meat harvest this fall...

I'm going to drastically change up my garden in the off season, I've had uncontrollable weed issues with my raised bed, and adding the deer on top of that has kinda pushed things to a breaking point. going to probably build narrow beds ($$$, yuck, but what are you going to do?) in the off season and and go a year or two with straw bales to build up a nice light substrate. had much better luck with those anyway than I've had with any in-ground stuff (except my hot peppers. those did fairly well last year)

My garden this year has been literally a "lets see what seed from 2015 is still viable" and so its a mess. I'm going to turn it over this fall and cover it with cardboard and mulch.. toss in some mustard seed for over-winter crop and roll that into the dirt in the spring. I've never been good with the weed barriers. I'm hoping to add a second 12'x5' bed this year for doing some lettuce and tomatoes again. Let me know if you want some dried super hots for flakes or powder. Happy to trade for some of that honey :oogle:

I really appreciate y'all sending in some money to cover the food expenses beforehand. The whole idea of splitting the food into groups was that they'd cost $20-$30 per person and make it easier. In reality, people were spending $50+ on food, and we had a lot of duplicate stuff and unused stuff that had to find a home.

I feel like handling it in advance is easier on y'all...one less thing to do before coming up, less hassle in transporting food, all that.

Has this worked for y'all too? I just kinda ballparked $15/day as something that sounded reasonable. We're doing great on budget too.

Broke down and bought a griddle yesterday so I'm not running around trying to borrow one at the last minute. Still trying to suss out how we're cooking 70 lbs of ass.

I will be attending. Been looking forward to this since there was no way I could have attended SE. Trying to get a couple others from Knoxville to come out as well.

Carson

Oy! I'll be there! Along with Cooper (the dog being violated in the photo from last year) and the boyfriend. Our roommate Lara is hoping to join as well! We'll be bringing tents and are undecided as to which cars at the moment.. Looking forward to seeing all of ya'll again!! Jared, I'll shoot you a PayPal payment for food next week!

I'll be there in my 4Runner. Is it worth trying to find a place to go wheeling? Traction limits and balance points, just at 5 mph instead of 65.

Lol

And sure, that's kinda shaping up to be the theme this year. There are a couple moderate trails within a few minutes, one with a killer view, the other with a great waterfall.

Yea I know Der-keeverand I are going to a place called hurricane creek road or something. It's an hour and change ride, light trail but still fun and gorgeous from what I've heard. And a few more that jerry knows of

Yea I know Der-keeverand I are going to a place called hurricane creek road or something. It's an hour and change ride, light trail but still fun and gorgeous from what I've heard. And a few more that jerry knows of

Save me a seat for the Hurricane Creek trip. I've never been.

Oy! I'll be there! Along with Cooper (the dog being violated in the photo from last year) and the boyfriend. Our roommate Lara is hoping to join as well! We'll be bringing tents and are undecided as to which cars at the moment.. Looking forward to seeing all of ya'll again!! Jared, I'll shoot you a PayPal payment for food next week!

Hey Nate, is that your wagon up on the Raleigh Craigslist?

Back