• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1967 220 - "Do you want another Amazon?"

Jack

junkman
Earlier this year I was driving my 66 122 right after installing my SUs. I pulled over because they weren't adjusted correctly. Just a random stop next to the highway, about 12 miles from my house, driven by it 100s of times.
As I am leaving a middle aged man pulls over and asks me
"Do you want another Amazon?"
umm yes what do you got?
"I got two I want to get rid of, just down the road from here."

exchanged phone numbers and few weeks later I came home with a 1963 sedan and 1967 wagon, both M41 cars. Wagon has a late model B20, ipd bars, NO RUST, smooth roof, few other NOS stuff not installed yet

63 was in terrible condition, rust everywhere and it was used a "rally farm car for few years"
67 previous owner bought it Washington, drove it up and down California, one day as he was crossing a bridge his right front tire blew....

vWSHvT3h.jpg

B18 from the 67 was now in the sedan
vJVIrRAh.jpg

how I first saw it - looks great - wait
blrU7Vah.jpg

mMutomYh.jpg

:omg:
R0fqHKkh.jpg

got her home on my birthday
y9pzfuFh.jpg

interior
foJa9Ssh.jpg

start of disassembly
IFx7EOWh.jpg

vwe6Z6Yh.jpg

BKMQHp2h.jpg

driver side is damaged - Lower CA bent and almost punctured the pan. Wheel is pushed back pretty far. It will all have to come out
BYIPtYqh.jpg

you can see how much pushed back it is. Luckily the damage stops at the firewall
JftVz1Mh.jpg

stored it like this for few months
3aqvhS3h.jpg

repaired the rear bumper and did SOME dent repair
8NeSznCh.jpg

EIRgrVah.jpg

4gnaPTah.jpg

Ldi5lLOh.jpg

yhNAV8mh.jpg

1UpDQx2h.jpg

lrpD7rnh.jpg

**********instert picture of repaired bumper and painted side *************

few days ago
2dIGjLzh.jpg

ZCFRaUvh.jpg

**********insert picture of bent up engine cross member, replaced door, donor front end *******

Last edited:
Man, that must have been a scary experience for the owner when that tire blew. The blue 65 2 door I had in KY had a bent cross member, I found a metal fab shop to straighten it and was able to push the frame rails back into position when re-installing it. I'm thinking yours is FUBAR.

Are you crushing the 63 ?

That's kind of how I got my PV. I was driving my beat and rusted to hell 1800E to work and someone saw it and asked if I liked old Volvo's, he had one in his back yard he was thinking about getting rid of. So I went to look at it, and $700 later I had a derelict PV.

The transmissions and that front nose piece was worth it alone. Some good scores there! It's hard to say no to stuff like that, especially if you have the space. I'm trying not to become one of those guys but I can see it pretty easy to go down that path.

I had some time to finally work on this. Weather was awesome and James M came over to help out

removed this panel
kkkjr5Ih.jpg

drilled out all the spot welds
ended up with this - will have to do the same to the other side since it's pushed forward at the steering box
kFGNUVkh.jpg

cutout the bent up part
GlxN0cDh.jpg

slowly pealing away the panel to be replaced
gMLyEX7h.jpg

K1staiQh.jpg

done for today
LP1JXOFh.jpg

I have two donor fronts. One is an early model - no rust. The other is late.

early model front
qMlbNWhh.jpg

late
nnxIZDvh.jpg

time to build a jig so I can measure this out
nBd1B6sh.jpg

Last edited:
When a friend of mine crashed her 66 amazon wagon into a suburban. She had a body shop repair it. She was well off and wanted her car fixed. Since she hit them from behind the cost was all on her. They did a nice job repairing it. It cost a bit over 9k to repair her car.

Looks like it's going well! That's a huge job and you do nice work, too.

I hardly touched this in months!

earlier in the week...

thought I was just going to replace the driver side firewall forward but upon closer inspection (and after I started to drill parts off) I noticed that the passenger side is a bit off too (front of axle)...

It came to me that it would be just easier to replace both sides and use the frame rails as a guide to get things back in place

donor - in the middle of removing the strengthening bracket
83Anb9ih.jpg

crappy picture - but this should give you an idea ... I still have to clean it up.

izOAUZkh.jpg

Last edited:
Man, that must have been a scary experience for the owner when that tire blew. The blue 65 2 door I had in KY had a bent cross member, I found a metal fab shop to straighten it and was able to push the frame rails back into position when re-installing it. I'm thinking yours is FUBAR.

Are you crushing the 63 ?
I wish I saved the picture of it .. it was twisted
63 lives on in parts only

Nice find. I've wanted a wagon for years but none have followed me home...yet.

That's kind of how I got my PV. I was driving my beat and rusted to hell 1800E to work and someone saw it and asked if I liked old Volvo's, he had one in his back yard he was thinking about getting rid of. So I went to look at it, and $700 later I had a derelict PV.
like flies to ****

The transmissions and that front nose piece was worth it alone. Some good scores there! It's hard to say no to stuff like that, especially if you have the space. I'm trying not to become one of those guys but I can see it pretty easy to go down that path.
what do you mean one of THOSE guys ? the one who has all the _____ cars and parts, his first wife left and now sees his kids 1/2 the time? or the guy who has 14+ cars and none are ever fixed 100% and if he has few less than his life wouldnt revolve around fixing cars no one cares about ?
or the guy who has all the cars and parts and is finally getting help/support from his partner to get them done ?
what are you IMPLYING - oddly specific there

tiny portion of what I haz - Gf organized and told me to hang the og posters in my office
vQel1Mnh.jpg

mGUpXkHh.jpg

oooh excited to see said jig. i freaking love jigs. i mean a ton of things are really jigs when you think about it. shoes? perhaps
it wont be complicated, probably just 4x4 tubing tacked to the frame rails

Very cool Jack! Backyard body man, props!
Thank you, I always wanted one of these.

When a friend of mine crashed her 66 amazon wagon into a suburban. She had a body shop repair it. She was well off and wanted her car fixed. Since she hit them from behind the cost was all on her. They did a nice job repairing it. It cost a bit over 9k to repair her car.
Looks like it's going well! That's a huge job and you do nice work, too.
Thank you, I can see how 9k can easily go into fixing one of these. good paint alone is starting at 5k

Wow, I love that wagon, glad it is getting saved! Nice work so far.
Thanks. hopefully I'll have it rolling soon...

Nice great post!
facepalm

You are much much more ambitious then me sir. Looking forward to updates.

thanks, I bet if you had the room you would too take on projects like this...
It's really just out of boredom and to see if I can ... this is my latest Achilles Heel

weather is nice today so I did this

why I chose to cut off the passenger side, doesn't seem like much but the whole opening was off
jEVlUsMh.jpg

vy0ZStfh.jpg

fender off
N2eitJmh.jpg

frame cut off
fdJfFNFh.jpg

qUtyn0qh.jpg

Last edited:
Cool project. Impressive. What's the dealio on that there Ford?
Thanks.
Ford - 1965 falcon country squire ran when parked. straight 6 manual. Im undecided what to do with it. I just need a little more time OK OK !
(it's been like 8 years)

later I spent some time cleaning up the donor piece
xu8q3Shh.jpg

give's you an idea how I strip the floors off
sOY0cWDh.jpg

Last edited:
Back