• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 16v NA to B230FK swap

Bas.

At the moment I have a 240 with a B230a with 16V head conversion. Running great but I also have a B230FK which I want to swap in instead of the B230a with 16V.

Maybe somebody can inform my what is involved with swapping these to around. The B230FK I have is 99% complete, with everything from intercooler to all the hoses.

Running now B230A 16V head with LH2.4.

Can I just swap in the B230FK and hook up the computers of the B230FK instead of the ones I have now? Or are there differences in the LH2.4 looms?

A b230a would be carbureted but apparently doesn't exist, so that's probably not the lh2.4 that came with it, so if your car actually has lh, then it's not standard, and no one can answer this question perfectly. Why not get ana adapter like this - https://yoshifab.com/store/16v-to-8v-exhust-manifold-adapter-kit.html and whack that turbo on there? It's what I'd do. I'd also not use an FK turbo, as they run really low pressure (I think 4psi).

As for the LH systems, the only thing that I can think of is having different injectors, green tops require a resistor pack I believe.

Perhaps my story wasn't complete. It's a B230a bottem end with a 16v B234 head. And at the same time it was converted to LH2.4.

Don't want to put a turbo in the mix with a B230a bottem end and 16v head. So I want to run the b230fk first standard and maybe later add the 16v

Is the B230FK the later setup with the larger radiator and intercooler? You'll have to do some metal work to make that fit if so. I would suggest getting the NPR box truck 27 row intercooler or an ebay one to put in front of the radiator. Use the stock 240 radiator. You'll have to shorten the top part of the downpipe since there is less room in a 240 before you turn down to go under the car.

Thanks for the answers, but that's offcourse some obvious stuff. But I am more interested in knowing if the wiring loom's match and such? Or if there are differences in the LH2.4 wiring looms.

loom is probably somewhat the same, your injectors of a b230fk need a resistor, and your air mass meter is on the other side. so those wires need to be lengted,
other then that its just swap te ECU and EZK. if your ECU is from 1995 and later, it has a immobilzer in the chip. so you need a other chip, somewone here in holland can help you with that.
and is your b230a 16v engine for sale? haha

Thanks for the info! Figured that the look would be somewhat the same. Don't know if I want to sell the b230a 16v, has been a good engine. But first I will have to pull it out.

If I recall correctly the only difference in the LH2.4 wiring is the full throttle switch is used on the n/a versions and is not used on the turbo versions of LH2.4.

Back