home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > projects & restorations

Old 03-09-2017, 10:51 PM   #1526
Neil Peart
2nd gear burnouts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewNance View Post
That's like another whole Volvo

That Bolbo in your sig is hawt as purrky tits.
81' 242 Ti- 23PSI, 91 B230FT Block, 8:0:1 comp. Built 164 Head w/B230 intake, Port/Polish, Cc'd, 3 angle, Decked, B-Cam, 740 Pumps, 110 octane, PS/AC Delete, Hi-Velocity steel elec. fans...yadda yadda.
**Sold and Shipped to Norway**

92' 244- E-Fan, PS/AC Delete, Cut Springs, Single Muffler-No Cat **Burned to the Ground**

Now I drive a Honda Pilot...
Neil Peart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 11:01 PM   #1527
linuxman51
BRANDSCHUTZVORSCHRIFTEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Peart View Post
So Heebspeed is still a thang?

Please say yes *shushes mouth with finger*
why wouldn't it be? It's REALLY a thing now that we've got a dyno again.

Now with in-house Dyno tuning!

Megasquirt Tuning!
Plug and play LH 2.4 Megasquirt, now with stealth mode!
linuxman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 01:01 AM   #1528
linuxman51
BRANDSCHUTZVORSCHRIFTEN!

so, found this dude whilst replacing plugs. had to order some parts (well, actually, turns out I really didn't, I had spares. but hey I'm fuggin SET now for future repairs), made a new wire, routed it differently (as well as put a 90 degree boot on the plug end), and after some anti-sag zip ties are installed, should be good to go for a while.

where it's split there it was basically leaning up against the downpipe. there wasn't really a good way to run it even after bending up the boot a bit.

so, tomorrow, we dyno once again, with eddy brakes for testings.
Old 03-12-2017, 12:26 PM   #1529
linuxman51
BRANDSCHUTZVORSCHRIFTEN!

so, bad plug wire (and no boost control) makes it hard to tune and make good numbers...

the graph

cutout open, and air filter removed. I'm going to put the filter back and make a pull, then close the cutout and make a pull just to see what the hit is

this is the snapshot of the pull in log viewer

now that the afrs are even, I might also add a little bit back. also, we're pretty much at the limit of the 80lb injectors.
Old 03-12-2017, 03:12 PM   #1530
J_Jones
Board Member

Holy hell, excellent job.
J_Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 10:22 PM   #1531
linuxman51
BRANDSCHUTZVORSCHRIFTEN!

accidentally made 787 this afternoon. video later
Old 03-16-2017, 10:59 AM   #1532
linuxman51
BRANDSCHUTZVORSCHRIFTEN!

aight, so like I said in the showroom thread, 787whp, and a trans issue that is related to 3rd slipping a little. That, coupled with a significant leak, and some other lesser issues more easily addressed with guts out, will lead to the trans/engine taking a break from residency before much longer.

Currently formulating a game plan, and waiting to hear back from Jake @ jake's performance regarding probable causes and things to look for.

May also use the opportunity to swap out the front end stuff that got banged up and beaten down.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:54 AM   #1533
linuxman51
BRANDSCHUTZVORSCHRIFTEN!

not much to report, replaced LPS to see if it addresses the 3rd gear issue. if not, it'll get gone thru when it comes out in the moderately near future. will see tomorrow.

downpipe is loose (or maybe broken, but it wasn't that loud), other than that, nothing to report. it's been towin' and haulin' like a champ.
Old 12-28-2018, 01:29 PM   #1534
linuxman51
BRANDSCHUTZVORSCHRIFTEN!

a little over a year later, trans still slips at low rpms. occasional lifter tick on startup. Haven't touched the tune in a while, the drive to work this morning indicated a lean condition at cruise that is likely the result of not running e85 anymore (no point with the boost turned down).

Had to jump it off, didn't realize it'd been THAT long since I drove it, but other than that and needing a cleanup, it's still truckin' along. Whenever I get mark's 740 sorted out, I'll bring it into the shop, drop the engine and trans, make some adjustments to things for additional exhaust clearance, replace the lifters (And generally just check **** out), and go thru the trans again. probably going to replace the pump this time, and double check all the other components for appropriate functionality. Or maybe I'll drain, clean, and ship it to someone. Oh and re-stall the converter to something more fun.

no complaints though, aside from me needing to spend more time on and with it. if I can get the a/c squared away I'll probably drive it more, it's not at all uncomfortable.
Old 01-02-2019, 08:16 PM   #1535
haltechsupra
Board Member

Awesome. Happy New Year! I hope this one treats you even better than last! Wow on that power!
haltechsupra is offline   Reply With Quote