• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

'83 244 Turbo

Thanks! Basically the front brakes are a lot more powerful now so the rears can be more powerful without the fear of them locking up too easily.

I'm looking for an 06-07 S60R. Any advice for me? Gotta be manual and like the aero kit.

06-07 is the way to go, they benefit from all of the improvements over the years such as the awd, minor motor updates and interior. Don't touch an 04/05 unless it is super cheap. Even now an 07 is still fairly expensive that is if you can find one with less than 60k on it AND manual.

Definitely give them a good test drive and at least peak under the car to see if there are any leaks. If you find out the slave cylinder is leaking (leak appears from a similar weep hole as a RMS leak would) don't go near it unless you want to basically shell out $1200+ and have the clutch replaced. Mine is still going strong on the original trans, clutch, shocks and angle gear with 118K so if you find a good one they can be reliable.

Hey I had a free weekend and got to do some wrenching! Brakes need to be bled more, but more importantly the m46 is getting stuck in 2nd gear and really pissing me off. Word on the street is I'm buying 2fast242's engine and t5 transmission to put in this car :oogle:

Went on a short drive and it pissed out the coolant - radiator has a hole in it. Got into the red but oh well.

DSC00378.jpg

Jacked it up and replaced the rear suspension this weekend. This car now has poly bushings everywhere except the front trailing arm bushing. The rubber is decent there and I didn't feel like burning it out and going to buy another size wire wheel at Fleet Farm.
DSC00377.jpg

DSC00376.jpg

The rear trailing arm bushings may have been original, and they were in poor shape. The manual cars are much harder on this bushing and you could definitely hear the axle shifting back and forth. Torque rod bushings were worn badly as well.
DSC00380.jpg

Fire in the hole!
DSC00382.jpg

DSC00381.jpg

And done. Not a bad job, but ended up getting really, really dirty. There's some grease underneath, but this car is so clean with the factory undercoating and no rust.
DSC00383.jpg

DSC00384.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

Oh and Fitzy, I found an R. Love it. 3 cars is a lot to handle as the R has been distracting me from the 244 a little bit. Forgot how long it takes to wax a car, my God.

DSC00387.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

DSC00391.jpg

Looks like a ton of progress! I can't believe you're going to have that monster in the 244! Time to apply for a tire sponsor!

I'll be running my smaller one, I think it's a 19mm. I will also put the front in soon too probably. The 25 is great for kicking the rear out, but I already don't think it will be that hard with the 25MM. And if I go any stiffer on the rear springs ( I think they are 250's, with the shorter Bils Sports) it will become even more apparent that the rear is slidey.

And on another note, NICE progress!

I'm running no rear bar now with 25mm front. I'm going to try a 19mm in there

car is fantastic as always, smith... kinda getting tired of saying it. :p

how nice your car is keeps me motivated to keep working so i can try to get mine at least somewhat close...

Well, picked up a new engine for this car this weekend as most of you know. If not, you will recognize it soon enough. Needs a few little odds and ends, like an air filter that flew out of the back of the truck!

Needs to be broken in, so 1,000 miles or so. Planning to do this on LH 2.2 and then switch to ECMlink or MS.

Also bought a T5 trans. Need the driveshaft, ds adapter, and a shifter. Going to look into the electric speedo with it.

Hmmmm, the next level . . .

IMG-20120729-00165.jpg

Order a bunch of parts to get this thing running ASAP!

And some cosmetic changes. Got rid of the cracked trim under the windows. The 3M pin stripe remover wheel worked great. Also am going back to coffinhood. Don't care to shell out $250 for a flathood grille right now.

IMG-20120729-00168.jpg

Thanks for the help this weekend Gabe & Tom! Good times.

Had a blast working on this car this weekend! A couple pictures for the purpose of documentation... late into the evening, when we were all quite tired

Gabe (gilber33)
Gabe_2_reedit_crop.jpg

Smith-and-Gabe_from-outside_1.jpg

Smith-and-Gabe_from-outside_2.jpg

Smith-and-Gabe_6.jpg

Smith_1.jpg

Smith-and-Gabe_9.jpg

Smith-and-Gabe_4.jpg

Smith-and-Gabe_8.jpg

Smith-and-Gabe_5.jpg

Motor_2.jpg

Back