• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Turbo Talk! Critique choices for a 450bhp redblock

Haha sorry guys. This does tie back to that vwvortex link I posted. That?s the guy who produced the overlaid compressor maps. I haven?t gone back to him to ask for more detail yet - show your work for full credit right?

I?m in agreement on the 76mm compressor (although the efr 7163 looks awesome). Think I know what the two options are and just need to pick between EFR and GTX, so I can?t lose! Well, except money. I?ll lose a bunch of money.

Just wondering what ended up happening? ;)

I bought an efr 7670 from Full Race with a 1.04 twin scroll hot side.

RfvO5kdl.jpg

really happy with the results. It was a significant cost to upgrade from the Holset but I'm not sorry I did, much more responsive and stronger top end.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jv5xVhTWikk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nicely done. I’m going to be installing an efr on my b20 shortly. It’s definitely interesting that they don’t offer any twin scroll t3 flanged housings, but your solution looks to be pretty stout.

Nicely done. I’m going to be installing an efr on my b20 shortly. It’s definitely interesting that they don’t offer any twin scroll t3 flanged housings, but your solution looks to be pretty stout.

yeah I found it strange as well. I wasn't thrilled about adapting but it works. If I decide at some point that I'm really going to keep a redblock in the car in perpituity I'll have a new header built. In case anyone was wondering why it doesn't look like an EFR I bought an SX-E style compressor housing for it because I didn't feel like removing my blow off valve and I like the cleaner look.

I was really hot on the Garret G-series too but the housing options were super limited when I was looking as they'd just come out.

Seems like all of the modern options are a significant upgrade, I really have been impressed by how much stronger the car pulls with the EFR. I will share that by the time I was done buying it, ceramic coating it, and making up all the plumbing for it this was like a +$2500 upgrade which is obviously a considerable amount of money.

Back