home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > maintenance & nonperformance

Old 10-10-2012, 11:09 AM   #26
propav8r
F*ck Edgar

I really, really like EEuroparts.com. They've got every bit of the selection of FCP, they've never gotten an order wrong, their customer service is far superior to FCP, and they have free shipping on any order over $50.
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxman51 View Post
turn the ignition timing up til it's faster than eamon's miata, then replace the shortblock #wootenthings

My Project (It's a 1979 244DL...sort of.)
K-Jet to Megasquirt Article

The Departed: 1981 245, 1983 245 Turbo, 1983 244 Turbo, 1983 242 Turbo, 1984 244, 1985 245 Turbo,
1989 244, 1989 765, 1990 245 Turbo, 1991 244, 1992 245, 1997 855
propav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #27
15A
World's Oldest Brewery

Rock Auto has (at times) an outer tie rod for the 200, 700, 900's made by Spicer (as in Dana-Spicer) in the USA. Cost is around $7-8 each and they have a zirc fitting for greasing. I get them 6 at a time when they have them.

(IF YOU WANT ME TO LEAVE YOU FB AFTER THE FACT, JUST SAY)

I didn't sleep well last night so I made my coffee this morning with Red Bull instead of water.
I got halfway to work before I realized I forgot my car.
15A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:53 AM   #28
jamesinc
WD-40 Enthusiast

http://vehicleheaters.co.uk for all your RHD heater core needs. Nice to deal with, good quality parts.

Founder of the Australian Volvo fourms, http://ozvolvo.org
jamesinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #29
ryanfay
more bounce to the ounce

Larry Fuhs is the man!

ryanfay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:02 AM   #30
jeKrieg8087
Board Member

I will just add this remark as an update to 1 of the parts addresses mentioned. D Waltrip Volvo, would not ship a part I ordered and the reason was given that they would not be shipping any parts after November 1, 2012. The part I ordered was listed in their parts roster; thats the only reason i even ordered a part from a dealer. It was the automatic shift indicator that mounts to the floor of my 1987 245 DL wagon. Couldn't find one anywhere else, so I tried to order one from DW; FAILED!!

btw.....I am still looking for this shift indicator if anyone has one for sale or knows where one is, cheap...
Old 11-27-2012, 04:51 AM   #31
CaliMeatWagon
Cause of Head Scratching

I would like to add that another great place for B230 parts in the Sacramento area is SVS Volvo. They always have the oem parts I need (seals, gaskets, tie rods, etc.) Also right next to them is SVS R&D and SVS Muffler.
CaliMeatWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #32
philbarbato

swedishautoparts.com? Anyone use them? I'm looking for a new 940 auto shift knob, and they seem to be the only ones who carry it.
philbarbato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:03 PM   #33
Old Iron
I Roll

Fix my rust .com has some body panels by some company in Denmark, starts with a K I think. I saw the body parts had nothing listed!
Old 12-31-2012, 11:29 PM   #34
WindowsBreakerG4
ALDORF THE DESTROYER OF WHITE SHIRTS

Smith Volvo is generally worthless but Tim at the parts desk is the best parts man I've ever seen. A large volvo aftermarket company in oregon gets all their oem parts there. That should be a good hint.
http://www.smithvolvo.com/parts/index.htm
She was pretty damn hot. And she folded my clothes and made me breakfast in bed
Towery wants to get me drunk but doug already is. Don't trust a drunk Towery he will slip you the old stiff one eye

I AM ALDORF THE DESTROYER
1985 744ti M46 -3rd, 15g, 3" exhaust, Ported Head, 333,333 miles
91 945 Turbo 3 pedal auto, DD
83 242 Turbo Flathood
15 Golf TDI 6 Speed

Doug <3 me. Not scottyd. doug was here again
WindowsBreakerG4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #35
Stiggy Pop
Board Member

nvm, next time i'll read the thread!

Last edited by Stiggy Pop; 02-28-2013 at 12:08 PM..
Stiggy Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:02 AM   #36
Justin
Lamentable Ricer

Please add http://www.lampsandlenses.com/ for aftermarket volvo lights
Old 03-29-2013, 06:45 AM   #37
Chance
1 throttle plate per cyl!

http://www.strandbergauto.com/

Good source for sheet metal

Currently restoring:
'66 122s 2dr - B20 dual webers/M41

Projects:
'83 245 - SBC 388 stroker with Jenvey 45 ITB's
Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #38
bob davi
Board Member

Glad I found this thread. My son and I just started on a restoration project yesterday...we're gonna need some parts to turn two '83 245 GLT wagons into ONE good one. As I was looking at both cars, I was wondering where the best place was to get parts; threads like this are a great help.

Thanks to Lando for getting this one started.

Bob
bob davi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #39
AlaskanPrincess
Board Member

Thank you!!! Having a new adoptee - combined with the fact that our only local import parts supplier closed - I found your list an awesome starting place for parts. I have (fortunately) located a mechanic who will let me (when practical) obtain parts BUT he's made very clear - HE is not warranting the parts...so any failure means I'll pay labor again if a part fails.
AlaskanPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #40
AlaskanPrincess
Board Member

Uh - do any of these suppliers offer any discounts? Free shipping? I just found the following codes - from either other forum/s or Internet search - FCP: 10%, code MVSCC; Volvo Wholesale Parts 10% code MVS, 10% code thankyou. eEuro Orders over $99 5% code MVS. Note: I have NOT verified any of these...yet
AlaskanPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:30 AM   #41
Lando
Arthur Digby Sellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanPrincess View Post
Uh - do any of these suppliers offer any discounts? Free shipping? I just found the following codes - from either other forum/s or Internet search - FCP: 10%, code MVSCC; Volvo Wholesale Parts 10% code MVS, 10% code thankyou. eEuro Orders over $99 5% code MVS. Note: I have NOT verified any of these...yet
Most suppliers have promotions running frequently I usually google coupon codes for a supplier before ordering to see what promotions are going on.

To all: I will update the OP with the last few suggestions tomorrow. Thanks for your contributions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240240 View Post
get on my lawn
Lando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:21 PM   #42
VB242
One hundred gift baskets

Center support bearing for the larger diameter driveshaft (type 3 I believe) found on my M47 unsure of other applications but for sure all with the rubber guibo at the tranny end.
FCP Euro P/N MTC 183265 at $16.99 is best deal however I found this in stock at a local bearing house so no waiting to ship in or freight added. It's a

Nachi 6009-2NSE9 $23.00 equivalent to

Timken 109FF- $61.99 at AutoZone which they did not have in stock, Advance website was unhelpful at best. Specs from Autozone site.

Bearing Inner Race Bore Diameter (in): 1.77
Bearing Inner Race Width (in): 0.629
Bearing Outer Race Outside Diameter (in): 2.952
Old 05-29-2013, 12:38 PM   #43
Owsley
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralAilment View Post
Please add http://www.lampsandlenses.com/ for aftermarket volvo lights
Their prices on headlights is really, really low. Can anyone say what the quality is? I'm looking for 1992 740 headlights.
I know it's hard to believe that someone wants (on turbobricks) to make things work the right way. My extensive search shows this hasn't happened since 2005 when there was a ziptie shortage and Tbrickers were forced to buy and use the correct parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Athlon View Post
This is the only forum in existence where people get mad that their cars are worth more than 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnysalt View Post
I don't know how to do anything, help! Whats the quickest easiest dumbass proof way to fix this besides taking it to someone who knows how?
Owsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:42 PM   #44
Homer
OEMplus++

Quote:
Originally Posted by VB242 View Post
Center support bearing for the larger diameter driveshaft (type 3 I believe) found on my M47 unsure of other applications but for sure all with the rubber guibo at the tranny end.
FCP Euro P/N MTC 183265 at $16.99 is best deal however I found this in stock at a local bearing house so no waiting to ship in or freight added. It's a

Nachi 6009-2NSE9 $23.00 equivalent to

Timken 109FF- $61.99 at AutoZone which they did not have in stock, Advance website was unhelpful at best. Specs from Autozone site.

Bearing Inner Race Bore Diameter (in): 1.77
Bearing Inner Race Width (in): 0.629
Bearing Outer Race Outside Diameter (in): 2.952
Yep. Japanese made Koyo ran me $25.

OD
75 mm
ID
45 mm
Width
16 mm

6009-2RS

Need something TIG welded? Give me a shout.
Homer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #45
Bensin
Garrett whine rules

Default Euro Parts House

I don't see these guys listed yet: www.europartshouse.com/

They have some decent NOS parts and new for 240 and 740 940 at good prices. Good part interchange info too. Based in Independence, OR, so more likely of interest to the West Coasters...
Old 08-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #46
justmadi
Board Member

Thx Lando. Great thread
justmadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #47
$EEKING 945 TURBO WAGON
Board Member

Default ? GREASABLE BALL JOINTS/Tie rod ends?

Yes, I agree; there's a wealth of seasoned insights here. This parts thread was a great idea.

Who knows of 700 or 900 GREASABLE front end parts? I've searched high and low.
$EEKING 945 TURBO WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #48
moustacio
Board Member

Not certain but you should be able to find Moog at Napa and that, they usually have grease zerks where the eom ones don't.
moustacio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #49
$EEKING 945 TURBO WAGON
Board Member

Moog & NAPA used to be at LEAST decent quality; sometimes good bits. NAPA still does have some good stuff- but its more sketchy than years ago. LOTS of Chinese caca in jobber supplied "tools".

Moog was at one time top drawer stuff. Maybe they still are in some circles; but I just yesterday can say that at least the closest NAPA has ZERO ball joints; Moog or otherwise THAT ARE GREASEABLE- for 700/900's; not Moog or anyone else.
I've indeed become even more jaded that not one ebay seller- nor an unskilled search of ANYWHERE even makes them. PLEASE PROVE MY SEARCH SKILLS WRONG?

If anyone knows of a new ball joint design that isn't a sealed unit design; meaning I can get the ball and socket apart without ruining it; I'm going to hopefully, unless the socket os just too hardened to be accepting of a tiny grease path ground in...

Idealistic? I'd rather take a few extra minutes and be able to wash away wear flotsam away with fresh grease; wipe out old grease with fresh and reduce friction WON time. Beats ball joint replacing over and over, but I don't REALLY know if carbide would wilt in cutting grooves. Surely it's not that stout; anyone know if a groove is feasible; or which even can be taken apart?
$EEKING 945 TURBO WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:25 PM   #50
kendogg
V8 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by $EEKING 945 TURBO WAGON View Post
Moog & NAPA used to be at LEAST decent quality; sometimes good bits. NAPA still does have some good stuff- but its more sketchy than years ago. LOTS of Chinese caca in jobber supplied "tools".

Moog was at one time top drawer stuff. Maybe they still are in some circles; but I just yesterday can say that at least the closest NAPA has ZERO ball joints; Moog or otherwise THAT ARE GREASEABLE- for 700/900's; not Moog or anyone else.
I've indeed become even more jaded that not one ebay seller- nor an unskilled search of ANYWHERE even makes them. PLEASE PROVE MY SEARCH SKILLS WRONG?

If anyone knows of a new ball joint design that isn't a sealed unit design; meaning I can get the ball and socket apart without ruining it; I'm going to hopefully, unless the socket os just too hardened to be accepting of a tiny grease path ground in...

Idealistic? I'd rather take a few extra minutes and be able to wash away wear flotsam away with fresh grease; wipe out old grease with fresh and reduce friction WON time. Beats ball joint replacing over and over, but I don't REALLY know if carbide would wilt in cutting grooves. Surely it's not that stout; anyone know if a groove is feasible; or which even can be taken apart?

You do realize that with a greasable balljoint, there is the ability to introduce MORE dirt into the joint, right?? There is nothing wrong with sealed units, and I'm sure the Moog sealed units will last just as long as OEM. They are also designed to retain teir greas ebetter than a greasable joint, which allows for slightly better control of tolerances. They're still built to high quality standards.
kendogg is offline   Reply With Quote