• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cometic HG on my B20?

blitzwagen

Hi,

I bought a cometic HG for my 0.03" oversize B20. Firstly, I received the 92mm bore sized gasket, will this work? And, I noticed that the holes in the gasket obscure 90% of the two cooling passage holes - the very first two at the front of the block.
Should I dremel the holes in gasket to suit the block or just leave it ?

Thanks for any advice, Josh.

I know sometimes smaller coolant holes in the hg are to slow the coolant flow so that the coolant has more time to exchange heat with the head.

if the headgasket doesn't sit inside or exactly flush with the bores it should also be fine.

Bore size shouldn't be an issue.

I also noticed the coolant passages are much smaller than the block, and much smaller than the Elring gasket I had on the shelf. I opened the front passages up just a little larger than the elring gasket, though they are still much smaller than the ports on the block. I do notice the cooling system runs warmer at idle than under cruise, but at idle it's running at t-stat opening temp where it's a little under when cruising. Not a problem, just something I noticed. It hadn't done that before with the Elring gasket either.

Back