• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Exhaust manifold install procedure 940t

PhysSDK2

I see in my Chiltons manual it calls for assembling the exhaust manifold and turbo as one piece. I can?t see how I can do this as the Mitsubishi turbo blocks access to one of the studs on the head. Last time I did it I put the manifold on then bolted the turbo to the manifold on the car. Anyways my old manifold cracked so I?m back into it.

Any tips would be appreciated. Is it easier to separate the turbo and the wastegate and install say the wastegate and manifold together?

Related note, the crack before the O2 caused it to run very rich for a month or so, anything I ought to do beside the replace the spark plugs?

Related note, the crack before the O2 caused it to run very rich for a month or so, anything I ought to do beside the replace the spark plugs?

I personally would replace the oil.

Depending on the time it ran rich and how bad it was (I dont know how rich the engine ran ofc. - JUST SAYING):
You will have to see about carbon deposits (cat, combustion chamber etc.). Also, the excessive fuel can 'wash' cylinder walls - accelerating ring wear.

The earlier 7's had a manifold/turbo that was put together before installation on the head/block. That ended with the 90+ manifold. After 90, you can separate them and install separately.

Just did this job on 93 940T on the ramps. Removed and installed as a turbo/manifold unit. Didn't really see the manifold to head fasteners as the biggest challenge of this job.
Removed as turbo/manifold/down pipe 3pc unit because down pipe to turbo studs had nuts just spinning on them without threading off. Fun.

Back