• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1971 142 as daily driver?

Thanks for the compliments on the new car guys.

I was lucky that the previous owner listed it just as I had a good reason to buy.

I was talking to someone about an 89 245, M45, garage kept for its entire life with only 160,000 km, but they wanted to BAT type dollars, then this popped up.

Are there any 140 series or djet specific resources online that are good?

Any online parts sources you recommend?

Parts:

Here, eBay, VP-autoparts, Skandix, Nordicar

Look for greenbook on ebay, or online I'm sure there's pdf copies uploaded. There's also a D-jet diagnostic green book. It wouldn't be a bad idea to buy up some spare sensors from eBay, like manifold pressure, throttle sensor, temp sensor, etc, and just keep them in a sealed bag/box in the trunk. Keep sandpaper for your points, if the car is using points still.

We stock just about every D-jet part you could need. And if we don't, we can usually get yours repaired, find a good used part or still buy a new part.

Nice color! Is the rust limited to the rockers or are the floors and trunk area rusty as well ?

Looks like a great replacement to your 240, congrats on a good find.

I'd daily it.

I daily an 83 242 at 134 miles a day. Frankly LH2 isn't too far away from Djet. Both very simplistic.

Back