• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Homer's 1990 240 redblock exorcism

shhh.
So my wheel vibration woes have been solved. When you can't get hub rings that fit right, design some and have a contract manufacturer make them!
Thanks Buchka Engineering.
DSC_7593.jpg

Last edited:
I'm trying out plastidip on dyed plastic trim. Hopefully it will stick there for a good while. I'll let you know how it works.

Didn't Shellshock use something on his bumpers on his 940 before he crashed it? It seemed to work out great but then again, he did crash it into a dear or a highway medium.

That's why he crashed it. It's that horrible.

Does it? Damn. Well I already bought it.

Don't listen to me, I'm sure you'll make it work.

Right now, I suppose the Plastdip is definitely my favorite because I've gotten lazier over the years and it applies the easiest by far.

35% tint done. Another thing off the to do list.
A massive exterior/interior detail (including dying the trim) and some fiddling with the boost control is all that I have left.
522162_10101280283548469_1908845096_n.jpg

Have you tried a heat gun on the trim? It works on 850/x70 trim

before

IMG_1198.jpg

after (pic was lightened somewhat - I took it in poor light - the heat should restore the original value. Of course, it won't be black, since the trim wasn't truly black to begin with)

IMG_1199.jpg

You just have to fan the gun across the plastic once it starts turning, or you will quickly melt the surface too much

Can you give me some details about the hardware you are using for the torque rod modifications. I am looking for the same.

Thanks,
Kurt
Midwest Control Products
Have you tried a heat gun on the trim? It works on 850/x70 trim

before

IMG_1198.pg

after (pic was lightened somewhat - I took it in poor light - the heat should restore the original value. Of course, it won't be black, since the trim wasn't truly black to begin with)

IMG_1199.g

You just have to fan the gun across the plastic once it starts turning, or you will quickly melt the surface too much
I'll give it a shot.
This stuff http://www.amazon.com/Forever-Black-Bumper-Trim-Dye/dp/B000FOIJXQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t works great, lasts a few years. It does stain paint so you have to be pretty careful when applying. I tape everything off when applying. Use the bottle applicator to get the dye on the trim and somewhat even then use a semi-soaked with dye rag to get a really even coat.

Yep that's what I bought.

Got the closed loop boost control tooned today. Nice to have a consistent 1 bar of psis to redline.

I haven't tried the heat gun method or forever black, but I really liked the results I got from Duplicolor's matte black trim paint on 240 trim and bumpers. Matte black looks a lot better than even the factory grey and a new finish will probably be less maintenance over time. My only disappointment was the way the trim still grabbed wax. I thought it would be easier to clean off one it was painted.

Back