• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pig: '79 242 16vT

Definitely e-turbos. The bw unit looked like a mini Remy core shoved between the compressor and chra. When I disassembled them I wasn't anywhere near the industry, so I had no clue what was locking them up, just playing around with some second hand heavy equipment turbos. There was nothing physically wrong with them, so I figured it was junk. Now that I'm working assembling ev power trains I'm certain that was the only possible reason for that type of failure.

Definitely e-turbos. The bw unit looked like a mini Remy core shoved between the compressor and chra. When I disassembled them I wasn't anywhere near the industry, so I had no clue what was locking them up, just playing around with some second hand heavy equipment turbos. There was nothing physically wrong with them, so I figured it was junk. Now that I'm working assembling ev power trains I'm certain that was the only possible reason for that type of failure.

Ok, gotcha. Sorry for the confusion. Your later comment about e-actuators tripped me up apparently. So these were from off-highway equipment / non-automotive? EEeenteresting.

BTW Harald, sorry for the thread derailment.

18556020_10100221883148340_2730594557823096390_n.jpg

Back from VSR. Most money I have paid for a microscopic scratch by a long shot.

Flying out to San Francisco in the morning, back on Saturday. Should be up and running by Sunday night.

Went to San Francisco, got back from San Francisco.

Before that, Davis and Sac pics. Lord_Athlon met us at my uncle's place in Sacramento in his soooper bitchin' black 242. Could not be bothered to take many images of the show or the partying, probably for the better.

luZcEbSh.jpg

aFfXFSNh.jpg

Jbl7VaIh.jpg

u4OwYWvh.jpg

g2J28dhh.jpg

8rVcNS3h.jpg

yG9LCYxh.jpg

SObzkq2h.jpg

Mmwg3LDh.jpg

lngykgNh.jpg

fbTEr1fh.jpg

K6Z9a1sh.jpg

wZf3ULsh.jpg

NEuvQTsh.jpg

7PxjjQzh.jpg

UCl1zUMh.jpg

YB5f3rGh.jpg

lbw56R3h.jpg

vnVu7vEh.jpg

WDtnl3Lh.jpg

92HYPYsh.jpg

8yMNQHIh.jpg

tXz8Zfeh.jpg

nW2uOp7h.jpg

BPahE0oh.jpg

kyqtrzoh.jpg

F3snUDch.jpg

00YhuJ6h.jpg

B4ZQeJch.jpg

OFab9hXh.jpg

vWBd3nHh.jpg

p4SqC3Lh.jpg

4i3Xvpjh.jpg

Xr5F9qsh.jpg

9RIYVcVh.jpg

t6rrx07h.jpg

szRI2nlh.jpg

WaKzB1zh.jpg

I0XmdbXh.jpg

YFdjMG2h.jpg

ZlFoZbkh.jpg

uTum2FMh.jpg

Last edited:
GTX feels way responsive compared to ebay turbo as expected. Above 2000 RPM it spools up nicely.

Ugh, in other news, burning oil still coming out of the exhaust. Drain checked, nice and vertical. Going to yank plugs and inspect catch can. This sucks.

Anyway, SF Bay and turbo album:

UBx7VSjh.jpg

wliwqEch.jpg

i8Y9nQeh.jpg

ptaq29Jh.jpg

S5lIs8ih.jpg

dk3qxJyh.jpg

p3moZr7h.jpg

gMKWslsh.jpg

UdLYeXDh.jpg

Z6Q9CK7h.jpg

MVc8eCrh.jpg

BAds401h.jpg

guq9ikmh.jpg

GO8m2ABh.jpg

aaMGGr4h.jpg

EzecJuqh.jpg

G7gtVmLh.jpg

uXYEqyFh.jpg

ViVLVw3h.jpg

hGaLTeWh.jpg

CZGeyETh.jpg

rsECatwh.jpg

tDEfy7wh.jpg

IPD weekend update:

19 PSI, 14.126 @ 98.81 MPH

Had to crank timing way up. Going to have to check crank trigger angle as it seems to need wayyy more ignition advance than I have seen before at this boost level.

19228579_1383877405029316_5730440641582727168_n.jpg

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2kLSzHW_AQQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ha! Didn't even care about any of that. Mostly looking at my trap speed as I was doing more test and tuning than anything else. Look at my 60' times. They are pathetic! I was dumping the clutch in order to preserve it as much as possible. That Charger was wicked. Ran an 11.something.

I just looked closely at that slip for the first time. All of my previous passes had been at 2.4-2.5. Looks like clutch dump at 4000 is the way to go.

Back