• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

I general eek out 19 mpg on my 1969 firebird. Of course if I get on it merging onto the highway a couple of times, it drops down to something like 14.

I tried driving it economy style but it only got 20, then it loaded up with carbon and needed an Italian Tune up to run right again.

It used to get 10 if I was horsing around racing motorcycles ect tho...

:oogle:

13 mpg highway, 13 mpg city. LOL.

Picture%20035-M.jpg

What do you think of Rat Rods? Some I really like, others, not so much. Though, if I'm totally honest, I'm counting on a little Rat "cred" with my sled.

14567977_1295999710410682_4570645848702767044_n.jpg

Not generally much of a fan of a lot of the 'rat rod' stuff. Particularly when they started doing stuff like stripping a body panel and leaving it to rust because 'patina'. The rusty MkI golf rat rod shown isn't particularly interesting IMHO.

All that said, I've seen some pretty cool rattyish rides. Saw an original FC jeep tow truck at a car show the summer before last. The guy had clearcoated it to preserve the patina. That one was tastefully done and was simply an 'as found' condition. It also wasn't particularly rusty, mostly just faded.

Growing up in the 80s in South Dakota, we didn't call it patina, we called it rust. Of course back then, if your car was older than about 5 years, it had rust.

Had a shop bleed the brakes with the vacuum thing. Much better. New booster feels fine.

Took the Mrs. to dinner Friday night. It rained. With no HVAC, the windows fogged. Then the wiper fuse blew. In the dark. She was impressed.

But today... The sun came out. We had a nice drive. Picked up pumpkins. Went for coffee. Not a bad little commuter when the conditions are right.

So, yeah. The blower sounds like it has rocks in it and fog comes out the defroster vents. Blower fan, motor and heater core?

Video link!

IMG_5934-M.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, thanks! That made my day.

Redwood hates it because I cut the springs...

:-P

Initially I was thinking about painting the hood matte black, but now I'm not so sure. Thoughts?

#Because.racecar!

no no on the paint. maybe vinyal or plasti dip, something you can remove, or source a diff hood and point it to see how **** itll look

Great idea. Here's my old beastie truck. (Of course, being white, there was no paint left on the hood so anything was an improvement.)

Best dually story: In an underground parking garage with my father-in-law. Pulled around to the end, aimed the tailpipe at the concrete wall, prodded the 454 in neutral and let the glass pack roar. Set off three car alarms. My father-in-law just about fell out of his seat with laughter. Good times.

PA050012-M.jpg

Last edited:
What are these cool looking head lights?

14581425_228835840866920_7072943077602452729_n.jpg

Got to be brighter than the crappy plastic ones. I even polished the lenses and put in the upgrade Hella bulbs.

You have your mirrors on the fenders like that, don't you Red?

Back