• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New Heat Shield for My 944T

TurbOwner

Back In Black
It's alot like the task mule shield and uses the same mylar material for the hot side.

23k65q8.jpg

156ej9v.jpg

Mylar backing
2qwcvuu.jpg

2s0b5mc.jpg

Random pic

Looks good. I have a thermometer in my car that I got at Lowes for like $6 It would be interesting to put one on the inside of the heat-shield and one right outside. to compare the difference.

What color blue is that and how did you go about painting it? Heatshield looks pretty nice too.

im gonna try making one tomorrow,i want it to be closed top and see threw.hows lexan for keeping heat out?

I'm sure that lexan would be better than having it open on the top, but what I did and it looks like the OP did, was to make the shield just tall enough to contact the hoods underside insulation creating a seal between the engine bay and the air intake.

I made one for my 940 based in TaksMule's pattern. I made sure that the topside sealed against the hood insulation material, it leaves a indentation in the insulation, I also made the hole just the right size so there is no leakage, also used the self sticking mylar on the outside and a aluminum bracket to hold the AMM. I like the sound but I'm unsure of its benefit at this point. I may go back and look at the stock airbox and see what I can do to mod it. Here is a pic of mine:

ColdAirEngine.jpg

I don't have a pic of the seal against the hood insulation. The only thing I would change is the portion where it dips to let the coolant overflow tube go over to the radiator. I probably would drill a hole for it like the air intake.

-Tim

What color blue is that and how did you go about painting it? Heatshield looks pretty nice too.

sncq40.jpg

This is the paint that I used. So far its been on there for 5 or 6 months and it doesnt seem like the heat has affected any of it. If you use it it's pretty dark when you first spray the blue over the base coat but lightens up as it dries.

Back