• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

KdFi in Motronic Box, W.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

J2_

Here's some pictures of my KdFi, that i'm putting in an old 960 Motronic box.
I will finish this tomorrow, I think.

Sorry for the crap cellphone pics, nice pics will be replaced as soon as my batteries for the camera are charged.

On too the pics;

KdFi v1.83 (with the transistor cooling attached)

kdfi8pl1.jpg

Old motronic box

kdfi6lz5.jpg

Motronic connector

kdfi5gv2.jpg

KdFi mounted on motronic plate;

kdfi2gy5.jpg

All that is left is to solder some wires, and put it in the car :)

Search the forum for 'MegaSquirt killer' a topic posted by Bozzma, BS-autotune is his site.

For the guys that are too lazy too search; KdFi is a SMD-Board, based on MS2, BUT it has all the extra's build in. (including JAW).

Nice! i also have a KdFi to put on my car, and i was looking for some nice box to put it in, might just as well do this too :-P

Hi J2,

Since you are the first out here to install a KdFi, I am happy to give you some support in this thread. It might be helpfull for other aspirant users too. Let's see if you encounter any problems. If you have any comments about the design or features, please report them. We might be able to enhance the product with your input.

I install KdFi units on a daily basis in classics and Specials. At this moment there is one setback: they were sold so fast the last month that they are sold out at this moment. Even I have no material left to work with.. But we are working hard to get stock filled up. I expect to be up an running in Januari again. In the mean time I have a couple of cars running on it and I love it to bits.

At this point we have 2 versions. They are alle V1.3's but we have produced small batches and changed a few details to enhance layout and function. The more early models didn't have "Table Switching" but I perswayed Stefan to build it in. Since we produce in small batches we might (are able) to revise the design quite often. There might be added features or a smarter design. All "older" versions are sold and used on vehicles, so no worries.

What we have now is the economical "bare" board that is interesting to implement in a motronic box and in Januari there will be another version with some extra features and a proper IP65 casing and very nice connectors.

behuizing.JPG

(this is just a pic of the casing, not the KdFi)

The best thing happening here is that automotive educational institutes are beginning to learn the KdFi. Since they don't teach electronics it very nice that they don't have to implement all the extra bits. It will bring better mechanics.

Please, this is a topic about the installation of a KdFi. Let's keep it ontopic for a while ? Since my "killer" topic was killed...

Just so I understand things correctly, kdfi is really just megasquirt-II right?

so it's megasquirt... why are you calling it something else?

Edit... do you have a circuit schematic of kdfi? I'd love to see it.

Last edited:
No, I won't and quit it or this one will be locked down too. Start your own topic.

Oh no, we wouldn't want that to happen, and interfere with your taking of open source projects and violating the license. Oh no, that would be just terrible!

Are we getting personal here? Could the mods please do the right thing? I just like to support a board member in this topic but some folks have their own agenda. Now who is violating the board rules and please state them if you act.

Are we getting personal here?
sure why not

Could the mods please do the right thing?
and ban you for being an insufferable dick?

I just like to support a board member in this topic
nah, you just want to make some more sales of the **** you've stolen

but some folks have their own agenda.
The don't-be-an-insufferable-dick agenda?

Now who is violating the board rules and please state them if you act.

You're violating the unwritten don't be an insufferable dick rule. I'll summarize it for you: quit being an unsufferable dick.

Thanks Poi, I also wish you all the best since you are doing so much for this community.

Yeah. He actually does his own work, and what's more, when he does it, he gives credit where credit is due... unlike other people, who happen to steal things and claim them as their own.

I'm still waiting for that kdfi schematic. In case you haven't seen, I created a new thread requesting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back