• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

holset 4" vband

supposedly cummins retailers have them.

yeah i searched and saw your old thread. still im hoping i can get just the vband. cummings will probly be super expensive. there was a guy on ebay with them cheep! i think 40 bucks!

^ eat my ass. anyone have a link to a vband i can get online? otherwise i dono what ill do, nearest holset dealer is far far away. maybe weld a 4" right to the turbo and then 4" on the dp?

i welded an OBX 4" Vband to the back of that turbo... you'll have to make the Vband for the holset if you want one, i haven't found one anywhere yet either

You need the band itself, the V or both? The band should be available from cummins/dealer or some such since it would be a factory replacement part. The other part you could probably have made pretty easily (or make yourself if you have lathe access), or you could just weld on part of the factory downpipe (which is yucky cast iron).

James

James

I actually went to a Cummins dealer today, and they can do nothing without the serial number from the engine or the VIN number from the truck. :roll: I'm in the same boat as you guys, just trying to find the damn exhaust elbow and clamp so I can make a downpipe out of it. Dodge dealer wasn't any help, nor were local scrapyards. Local tuner shop said a 4.5 inch v-band flange might work. :e-shrug:

yeah it looks like a dick around, i think ill weld a vband on the turbo also, im just afraid it will crack overtime.

I got a 4" flange off ebay, turned it down on a machine to exactly: well.. not exactly, ~4.125 inches.. only have a ruler. I'm buying a set of digital calipers so I can take real measurements, and I'll return, also with a dodge part number, as I'll be visiting them as well.

- R

The Dodge part number might be helpful - the guy at the parts counter seemed to only know how to put in a number, even when I tried to point out the parts I needed in the picture he had!

I have an actual part number for those who want it.

However, it is 136 dollars, and I refuse to pay that for ~60 cents worth of tin and steel.

I bought one that's too big that I'm going to modify.

Why can't you just post up the part number, why make people ask for it? :roll:

because I'd have to call a friend and ask him to go look in his mazda for my envelope with pencil marks all over it... and if nobody needed the part number, I wouldn't bother my friend :)

Also, nobody wants to pay 136 dollars. Nobody.

I bought a 4" Ebay Flange "kit" back in the day. I should have been clever and bought the v-band clamp from the same guy, but he didn't actually sell the clamps (lame). Anyways, ONE of these flanges I have had turned down on a lathe a little bit so it is exactly the same size of the very outer edge of the flange on the turbo.

A 4.5" or possibly 4.75" one will be cut a bit, and a little tapping of the rod to extend the threads. This will cost me 20 dollars, not 136.

I'll take pics :)

Back