• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Bergen's RSI 500whp 8v 245 Wagon

Good post Berg.

Exactly, nobody who wants to remain sane keeps an actual tally on costs. :rofl:

Same here, I could re-do my car for pretty cheap honestly. But trial and error adds up and makes the total investment cost inflated.

Once you have that budget, assuming this is one of your first builds, triple the dollar number you come up with. No, I'm not exaggerating. It will, in the end cost very close to that number despite how tight you think your budget is.

Wanna bet?

Oh so true.

In the project car game you gotta pick 2 outta 3 -- cheap, fast, reliable. Bergen has picked the correct two :cool:

I was discussing this with folks awihle back. . . I have my own edit. Cheap/reliable remain the same, but fast. . . either fast built, or fast on the street. . .

If you take time, buy when right, and have good help. . . I may not have the time now to make my cars fast, but I've got the parts and the knowledge, it's a matter of hitting my savings mark, going back to one job, and putting things together. I've got a minty '76 shell, rebuilt stroker shortblock, 90% of the suspension, and alot of the cosmetic bits. . . and I'm barely in 400 bucks! This has all been collected over about 5 years though. . .

Exactly, nobody who wants to remain sane keeps an actual tally on costs. :rofl:
Individually, yes. Do I add it up? Hell no!

A car of this quality takes a lot of TIME and quite a bit of money too. My car has taken endless hours, and it's not even nice.

yes. Provide stated specific goals and stated specific budget. Then prove it. We'll be waiting ;-)

+1
More power to you if you can do it, but I didn't take the time to type that out because I thought it sounded cool; I want to share what it takes to have a build like this.

It holds up really well actually. My orange 242 still looks decent. I took really good care of it while I had it, but it's last owner really neglected it for about 5 years.

Orange 242 now after a quick pressure wash:

orange242bc010.jpg

Does that have a CBV and BOV? :wtf:

HAHA, budget....mine was blown out of the water about the second day. Quality builds take hard work, and spending the money all in the right spots....one thing at a time, and have the UPS guy deliver your parts to work!

You have a quality car Bergen.....I wait the chance for all us to meet up!

Does that have a CBV and BOV? :wtf:

That is probably the wastegate actuator.

HAHA, budget....mine was blown out of the water about the second day. Quality builds take hard work, and spending the money all in the right spots....one thing at a time, and have the UPS guy deliver your parts to work!

You have a quality car Bergen.....I wait the chance for all us to meet up!
Thank you, Nathan. I can't wait until we all get to go on a cruise together. By then it's going to be a 2000totalwhp 4 car cruise. lol.

By then it's going to be a 2000totalwhp 4 car cruise. lol.

Im down for a cruise. Like a full day around Mt. Rainier or something. There should be a thread started just to see how much HP we have in the NW.

According to the site at least, the Stage II head is 221 and the Stage III is 297. I thought you had the stage III.

I think you are correct. I didn't want to over state the flow #'s. Updated. lol

Back