• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Davis 2022 - Date Confirmed!

Has anyone started a Haul your Junk Volvo parts up to davis thread yet?

I didn't think you were a 7 series kind of guy

Had a 760 for a while, sold it when I moved back to CA 10 years ago. 240 > all.

Looks like I'll be there in either the 240 or XC90, still don't know if I'm staying at the 6 or at my parents place. Might stay closer to the show in town, did that in the past and it was easier to get there while still drunk.

Just got confirmation Niello will be hosting Saturday again. We also have a new drive route, really nicely done map/directions, so we should be good. We're hoping to open reservations 3/1.

I hit James up and we're a go for his car. If something falls through, I'll get in touch though, I really appreciate it.

Beats the Kia Souls and Nissan Sentras I'm renting 40+ weeks a year.

First post updated with the formal release...registration is open on the GGVCOA website!

For those on the drive, I'll be splitting the group into 4 groups...stock/scenic, stock/spirited, modified/spirited, and 'turbobricks' which will be a BYOTT...(bring your own tow truck). Seriously though, the first 3 are legit. I'll be doing a safety check on any of the sketchy/hooptie cars before we head out, as I don't want any unsafe stuff on the road that is risking failure. Please make sure to fuel up before you get to Niello, make sure your tires are aired up, fluids topped up, battery hold down in place, etc. There is still I believe an E85 station across the freeway. The drive route is a bit longer than previous years, so please plan to have a full tank at the start. We do have a few stops in place for restroom/snacks/photos, directions will be available via a google maps link, I will work to have a PDF version available, and printed version available as well. Hopefully in the next couple weeks I will get out and test-drive to make sure things are still spot-on.

I will be leading the modified group, hopefully have Jo leading the stock/spirited group if she gets the 244T running, still looking for lead/drag for the stock/scenic group, along with volunteers for mid/drag in the spirited groups. We will be going thru wine country, so I expect a little traffic in one stretch, the rest shouldn't be TOO bad hopefully, and it's a nice drive. I will also have a shotgun seat in my car if someone doesn't want to drive but wants to run lead car. I do have a gopro as well, so I'll try and get that setup as well.

Any questions, please let me know.

Looks like I'm in. Too much going on with childcare to rally this year I think, so I am gonna try and make the rally car nice for the show

Anybody got a ****box Volvo or motorcycle I could use before I go renting some boringmobile?

If something with James falls through you can take my C30 even though it's way more boring that whatever he has

I really wanted to make it up for this event. But we're committed to a Lucky Dog race at Willow Springs 30 April - 2 May. Bummer!

I was looking forward to driving with some Volvos instead of the usual suspects I hang out with.

BYOTT? I'll bring a toolbag but if anyone blows up too bad I happen to know a good shop in Davis :oogle:

Don't worry guys I have plenty of spare 245s for the weekend, pretty good chance one will run

Back