• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Best option for 240 Blower Motor

X-Buster

So I GET to do the blower motor in my 245 again. I Got 5 years out of I believe a Siemens unit before it burnt up in December. I remember the days of quiet OE fan, but I haven't found that to be an option. I read in a thread that the VDO unit may be better? Just looking for opinions/experiences from everyone before I go through this again.

VDO and Siemens are probably just different production shifts at the same place. Volvo still sells a fan motor but they sure have gotten pricey.

I haven't put mine in yet. I have a VDO one to put in my 93 wagon. I'll be doing it soon the way the fans are scraping inside the housing on mine. I've installed the vdo before and they seem ok.

The best ever fan motor I used was the rebuild by Bill Cheb in Canada. Stock Volvo fan motors upgraded to roller bearings. Wish I had bought a bunch of them.

VDO and Siemens are probably just different production shifts at the same place. Volvo still sells a fan motor but they sure have gotten pricey.

I haven't put mine in yet. I have a VDO one to put in my 93 wagon. I'll be doing it soon the way the fans are scraping inside the housing on mine. I've installed the vdo before and they seem ok.

The best ever fan motor I used was the rebuild by Bill Cheb in Canada. Stock Volvo fan motors upgraded to roller bearings. Wish I had bought a bunch of them.

I guess I will go with a VDO unit and try my luck with that. I did see you post about this Bill guy a few times, and those rebuilds sound great. Do you think he still does it?

I guess I will go with a VDO unit and try my luck with that. I did see you post about this Bill guy a few times, and those rebuilds sound great. Do you think he still does it?

I haven't tried to get in touch with him in many years. He was up in Canada. He also rebuilt other heater fan motors like vintage Mercedes and Volvo.

A motor with roller bearings would be awesome! Replacing the blower motor and resistor pack is another thing on my list to do.

Back