• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cosbysweater's Turbo LS 244

Maybe! But I'm not going to test that theory, my friend that has been coming by to help out with the engine thinks we should do a shoot out at the drag strip with both cars. It would be really fun and maybe it could happen some day. But I like the car in one piece

I will be testinng that theory. Hopefully and 8.8" sticky tire and a good launch will do nothing but hook. We shall see.

so I got the brand new 80e in and having issues right out the gate, and the walbro fuel hose supplied with the pump burst. awesome........ so I will get back over to the car to fix it this evening. also being super busy being out of town for most of November so I haven't had too much time to work on my Fairmont. hopefully I can get that pig finished soon.

So I found the issue with the gearstar.... They forgot to install a tone ring on the damn output drum so it doesn't register vss..... Great just ****ing great. Luckily I have a 8.8 and reconfigured Ms to run off the diff speed sensor. But man I am so pissed at gearstar, they don't know that I solved the issue but they are scrambling to make me happy, so at least there is that

Whelp I ended up torching the head on my 244 I've been beating the piss out of it for a few weeks and I think I had the head lift on me. So I ordered new heads, intake, cam and springs. More fun coming. Also hoping to finish up my Fairmont today so that will be fun

No Volvo updates so far. However I do have some exciting other news. Just finished doing some street tuning on my Fairmont. Thursday I found that the car had no compression in number 5 and I pulled the head and found that a bolt had fallen in the intake and punched a hole in the piston and destroyed the head. So I grabbed another cylinder head and over nighted a used rod and piston from a flat top 5.3 and slammed it in on Saturday and had it running that evening. Here is the final look of the car.

Yea that is the route I will probably end up going. I do like this 4.8/ls9/7665 combo, it has alot more up top then the Volvo does, that's for sure. And it's a complete death trap

Oh yea we destroyed the rear shocks on it and the front suspension is original. It needs alot of work and tuning but it was fun to get to blast it around on the streets and the track and get a feel for it. Over all it's slower then it should be but it has the potential and I'm very happy with it

Back