• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Amazon Battery

Basically any battery will work there as long as it isn’t so long that it won’t fit in the battery tray. Go to your preferred parts store and just pick one. I think carbureted engines appreciate a few extra cranking amps since they may crank a second longer but, honestly, I doubt it matters one bit.

^I second that. Regular group 24, not the group 24F, which has the terminals flipped. The Exide-made Interstate MTP-24 is a decent battery.

We use the same Odyssey batteries in our 1971 142E, 1983 242 and 1968 122S.

We like them because they don't leak acid!!

However, you do have to be inventive for mounting a battery with a much smaller footprint.

Mounting brackets are available, but you have to drill holes to mount them.

We use the same Odyssey batteries in our 1971 142E, 1983 242 and 1968 122S.

We like them because they don't leak acid!!

However, you do have to be inventive for mounting a battery with a much smaller footprint.

Mounting brackets are available, but you have to drill holes to mount them.

This. Do not use a regular battery. Especially if you are going to keep your car long term. Only use a sealed battery to stop the acid problem which eventually runs down the firewall and rusts out the front frame support under there.

At the very least always put an acid absorbing mat under the battery to prevent damage to your car.

Back