• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

How much boost can I take?

Bom

Car is 940SE with 19T turbo+new exhaust+ipd cam. I run 10 lbs at the moment. Curious how much boost I can increase without tuning ECU.

Thanks

Turn it up till you hear bad noises, then turn down a tad till the bad noises go away. That, sir, is how many psi's you can have

This thread is my second favorite right behind;

'Say does anybody happen to have a complete set of NOS 242 Turbo side trim just laying around that they aren't using and want to get rid of?'

Car is 940SE with 19T turbo+new exhaust+ipd cam. I run 10 lbs at the moment. Curious how much boost I can increase without tuning ECU.

Thanks

assuming it is a healthy motor and all maintenance is up to date, blah blah... you'll need a set of "big green R" injectors and a 3" AMM at the very least. Then I wouldn't go past 18-20psi until you get some other proper supporting mods (IC, Wideband, etc) and I would also go full syth (fluid/filter/gasket) service in the transmission and perform the "accumulator mod!" ;-)

Back