• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

add more Moose stickers for $10 and dont replace tires or t belt

5853b3c7c8524af7de014c688d1855cf7e942fb55203d74f5b449371cc950cd9.jpg

I say tires and T belt lol. Wait to spend money on not-just-a-subwoofer for the stereo.

Suppose I should fix the radio first...

:lol:

Engine bay is soo clean (except for the hemorrhaging front crank and cam seals of course). Funny how we identify things we want to do, then weeks and months go by before we have the hour time slot to knock it out.

What's new with your 240?

First car. '65 Ford Galaxie 500 two door. Owned by my grandma, went to dad, then me. $300 picking apples and painting barns. Learners permit at age 15 and I was good to go. 352 FE, 4 bbl, dual exhaust.

I see them restored now days and they don't look nearly as "uncool" as I thought mine was. I wanted a Camaro or Mustang in the worst way. It was the '80's after all.

Tue%20024-M.jpg

What's new with your 240?

It has sat in the same spot for weeks, in a non-running state. I accidentally tried to start it in first gear without my foot on the clutch, so the whole car lurched, and it hasn't started since. I think it must have stressed some wiring. Why weeks?

Funny how we identify things we want to do, then weeks and months go by before we have the hour time slot to knock it out.

:lol:

To be fair I work 8am to 11pm Monday to Friday and 4pm-11pm Saturday and Sunday so I don't exactly have the time to dive into it.

Well shoot. What are the symptoms? Crank or no crank? Trying to think what would have been effected. The starter engages, with the clutch engaged the load is high, the engine turns slightly, the car jumps, and you release the key. Would the starter drive solenoid stay engaged as the vehicle moved backward into position? Damaging the starter? Dunno. Interesting.

My God those are long hours. What do you do?

Alright Redwood. Never let it be said I don't love you. I only used two sheet metal screws per moulding to keep the weight down.

003-M.jpg

And, no, that fresh oil is not from my vehicle...

:nod:

Last edited:
Lesson of the day...

I've purchased used tires previously with good results. Today, however I got bitten. While leaving my favorite junk yard, I saw some good looking Toyo's. What I did not see, but the tire guy, thankfully pointed out, is that one of the tires had been driven on while flat. Inside the tire was a significant groove cut where the lip of the wheel had ridden on the sidewall for an unknown distance. Probably shouldn't go cheap on tires anyway...

Yikes! Grab some new tires from Tire Rack and call it done. You could do some serious damage to the car if a tire exploded while you were driving (think: much more than $500). And that's before any damage to other vehicles.

Alright Redwood. Never let it be said I don't love you. I only used two sheet metal screws per moulding to keep the weight down.

003-M.jpg

And, no, that fresh oil is not from my vehicle...

Looking better!

Yikes! Grab some new tires from Tire Rack and call it done. You could do some serious damage to the car if a tire exploded while you were driving (think: much more than $500). And that's before any damage to other vehicles.

There shouldn't be a shortage of tires in that SIZE.

Back