• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Turbo engine in '93 245

I have read a few threads posted about swapping the NA engine/ transmission for a 940 turbo version - in my case the engine would be from a 1991 940 SE. Outside of the down pipe, inter cooler and associated plumbing, larger radiator and most likely some sort of cone filter arrangement I do not think there is too much of a problem - locating the separate power steering reservoir and a harness to operate the electric fan - not sure if one could use the stock radiator without a separate oil cooler though.

Of course one would need the ecus from the turbo car as well as relocating the distributor from the NA block and most likely the intermediate shaft as well. If I missed anything any suggestions would be helpful as I continue searching here - should be enough information.

I haven't confirmed it, but I've heard that late 760's and 940's SE models have a downpipe that doesn't have to be modified to fit in a 240. It's slightly different than the one used in the 740/940's because of the larger evaporator used in those cars.

Back