• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cost to redrill wheels?

Well, it ran me like $100/wheel on my Millies 20+ years ago. Then again the wheels are magnesium and they had to go back to Italy for redrilling as no one in the WI/Chicago area could redrill wheels back then.

So I'd say I don't really know. :lol:

It depends if there's enough meat between the lug holes to drill a second pattern. It might be cheap. If there are pockets between the holes, fill & drill is going to cost a lot more than just drilling.

Use adapters. If you can't, find different wheels. Or pull the fenders. What's the story on the wheels? (what are they, how wide, what offset)

It depends if there's enough meat between the lug holes to drill a second pattern. It might be cheap. If there are pockets between the holes, fill & drill is going to cost a lot more than just drilling.

Use adapters. If you can't, find different wheels. Or pull the fenders. What's the story on the wheels? (what are they, how wide, what offset)

since no one is actually thinking about running these.

so, i'm hiding the link :-P

BACKGROUND story:
just got new tires on the eikers yesterday, and even though though i'm VERY careful with my car and wheels, they said EVERY wheel had a bend, one was PRETTY bad. But they all balanced out pretty well. I just want something actually built to be used not just looked at.

Last edited:
neat old school rims.....wonder if they came off this yellow 914, i think the current owner went with some different race wheels and I'm pretty sure he sold the Borbets

Attachments

• layoutpic.jpg
    layoutpic.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 266
I would mod the hubs if the wheels are low offset. A stepped ring- the od of the step is the OD of the hub, so it fits onto the hub from the backside. The OD of the ring is enough bigger that you have enough meat to redrill the hub to 130mm. I would probably shrink fit the ring onto the hub and tack weld it on. The run porsche brakes.

My ford setup it like this minus the reinforcing rings- I didn't need them for 114.3. But either way it's a much more efficient system, IMO.

To summariez what bondo said: Redrill hubs for 5 x 130, use porsche brakes :oogle:
aside from all the dreaming here, i just want to bolt the little ****ers on and be done with it. I'm getting to the point in my life where modifying my dd to the edge of insanity (side exhaust and no mufflers) is getting a bit too much. If someone will come over and do all that stuff for me, i'll pay, but hell i don't want to **** with it.

wheeladapter.com (maybe with an "s") is great, they are very helpfull and SO fast. got mine in like 2 business days

Back