• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

whats a good boost guage?

I'm using an autometer boost gauge as well.. i Love the look and it's very accurate as far as i can tell!

(on the pillar)
251906_101_full.jpg

My boost gauge was sitting gathering dust on a shelf in a Auto parts shop, marked down to like $19 (Australian), I was quoted prices of up to $100+ for boost gauges at other places, I figured what the heck and bought this one anyway, and since then I've tested it several times and it's dead on acurate.
Don't get caught up in brands etc, I read a test not so long ago and the most expensive gauge on the test was no more acurate than the cheapest on the test.
But then even the worst gauges only usually have a .5-1psi variation, so it's not like your going to blow your engine with 1 extra psi.

Just pick a gauge in your price range that you like the look of, and you should do fine.

Oh, and the brand on mine said Taisco.

I'm using a VDO Vision seires gauge. I actually used it to prelace an Autometer gauge that had gone out of calibration. With the green light cover, the gauge almost perfectly matches the stock instruments. I have a custom mount right on the center of the steering column. It blocks out the high beam light, but I 'reckon I can tell when those are on :wink: As far as accuracy goes, it's a dead on match to the digital readings in my Blitz Dual SBC. I paid something like $30 new from BMP Design (BMW aftermarket house).
-Lloyd

I was also using a VDO Cockpit boost gauge. With the green bulb cover it has served me well for about 5 years. However, I just upgraded to the
VDO Vision line for oil temp, oil pressure, boost, and voltmeter. They
come with bulb covers for red and green. They are backlit and are
incredibly easy to see at night. Much brighter than my old cockpit boost
gauge and forget about comparing to the original stock gauges. With the green bulb cover and their lit up red pointers it's the best look I've ever
had in any of my cars. I bought mine from egauges.com as mentioned
above. They were really nice to deal with and know all about the products they sell. The boost gauge reads the same as my old one. Seems to be
fairly accurate. I just love the way they look and they match the main
cluster, too.

Happy shopping!

i got my 25psi VDO vision series from egauges... nothing but great things to say about speed and quality.

Back