• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Bringing LowZ injectors up to HiZ

Hank Scorpio

Chubfest 2009 Survivor
300+ Club
Ok, so Im in the mist of MS and I realized I need to put in resistor packs for the low impedence injectors I bought from a fellow tbrickster. So, bad thing is I already did up my entire wire harness (came out nice too :( ) and now I realize I've got to back up.

So, first of, does anyone know what resistor to use? Second, could I use just one before the 12v side splits into the 4 or is that going to be to much current through a single resistor?

Its' not a big deal to get to the harness for each one... just need to know what I need to do to it.

I don't know the complete specs on the injectors, other than they are Lucas LowZ 53 lb/hr injectors. If you guys could help me out that'd be great!

Doug

Hi Dougie.
I have done exactly this on my car. I spliced resistors into the stock NA harness to run my LoZ ford injectors.

What you need is one 5ohm, 10-20 watt resistor in line with each injector

You don't want to use one before everything splits, as things like this tend to heat up and you'll be requiring that resistor to dissipate 4x as much power.

My 4 resistors seem to work good- no fires yet and it was very cheap.

Why don't you just use a resistor pack from a B230FT car? Heck they are pocket parts at pick in pull :wink: .

And if you live in the frozen north like me, the thought of finding a b230ft car in a junkyard is pure fantasy... ;)

doug,
i used the 10ohm version [from RatShack] with my ford turbo coupe injectors. i have had my car up to 10psi w/o any problems so far [with these]. i have checked them pretty damn often to see if they are getting hot and they have been pretty cold each time.
-jesse

Back