• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

IPD photo contest entry

Two245Turbos

As you know, IPD holds a photo contest each year...Here's on of my two entries...Ron
41041389.jpg

Last edited:
Thoses are nice..I like on the second how your calipers match the boat.. Here are a couple I was thinking of sending..Of course I will probably fart around and miss the deadline as usuall.

ipda.jpg

ipd2a.jpg

I might actually submit photos for that photo contest again if they actually picked excellent photographs. I'm not expecting mine to be picked necessarily, but I would like to see good composition, lighting, and subject matter. Some of their winning picks have been average at best.

towerymt said:
Some of their winning picks have been average at best.
... and there's a good reason why, seeing some of the flunkie pictures.

Resolution has been the key problem. Too low, they can't use it for print, hence it's a near automatic loss.

-- Kane ... granted, there are some better ones that got passed up too, but everyone has their own opinions, so.

Man you suck at parking ur wagon.. lol not anywhere close to inbetween the lines..

In all seriousness tho, nice shots!

PWRPUFF said:
Resolution has been the key problem. Too low, they can't use it for print, hence it's a near automatic loss.
Depends on their standard, I guess. One of the shots of my car made the magizine, from a ~3000x2000 digital version, but I obviously didn't shoot the picture. I got a photo published in the local SCCA regional mag, and it was a digital picture of a 4x6 print. The dig. pic was no more than 1024x768, and extremely low quality. Looked OK in small format b&w. Nevertheless, I was disappointed that the one picture they chose was a car sitting on the grid. In the same gallery I submitted, there were 3 cars countersteering slides, and 3 lifting a wheel at an autocross. Only a dozen pics total...not hard to pick a good one when 75% are better than a car that's NOT MOVING. A couple of nice panning shots, too.

I'm not a fan of photo contests. Should we have another t-bricks contest? The first one was great, the second one did not have a lot of great shots.

towerymt said:
Nevertheless, I was disappointed that the one picture they chose was a car sitting on the grid. In the same gallery I submitted, there were 3 cars countersteering slides, and 3 lifting a wheel at an autocross. Only a dozen pics total...not hard to pick a good one when 75% are better than a car that's NOT MOVING.
Of the ones I submitted, the cover shot was a moving car, but not exciting. The other 3 were grid and start.

This one got me an "honourable mention" a few years back. Now the paint is sad, and the cancer is terminal...
camping wagon2.JPG

Last edited:
Back