• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Kjet no fuel issue

AnthonyHardy2

I'm having trouble getting a kjet system to give the engine enough fuel to run consistently. I recently swapped the whole engine and fuel system from a 1979 242 into a 1992 240 and when I installed the engine I accidentally connected the fuel lines backwards. After I switched the fuel lines back the car ran decently but was hard to start and would bog down if you pressed the gas while the engine was cold. Yesterday I tried to start the car again and it doesn't seem to be getting any fuel. The car runs well on starter fluid so I don't think there's a problem with the ignition system. There's fuel pressure on the inlet line but the return line inconsistently sprays fuel out at pressure low enough that it can be plugged with a finger. I got the car to run briefly today by pushing up on the air flapper in the fuel distributor but now I can't get it to run at all. Does anyone have any ideas for how I can fix this or what I might have broken?

How PSI a finger block stock can

Seriously, now, run the pumps with the engine off. How does the main pump sound? Feel? Is the tank pump running?

Last week I blew the tank pump right off of its hose on my '79 some 600 miles from home. Found it laying on its side, broken ground wire, in the tank. The sound of the main pump when run (by using a jumper between fuse 7 and fuse 5) gave away the nature of the problem. Without a gauge, you have to combine experience with careful thought. With a gauge, you'd have this licked already. Main pump needs input: both electricity and liquid fuel.

The pump sounds fine but I'll get a pressure gauge on the system tomorrow morning. I checked the intank pump when I was trying to get the car to start with the lines backwards and it's working normally. Thanks for the suggestions.

Gas helps.
Dad added 2 gallons and it ran like a top straight to the CRUSHER! (got a $1500.00 check for it)
I kept saying "put some gas in the tank"after he said it has a gallon inside already.

And the Cubs won. "A day to remember"

Back