• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cosbysweater's Lifted Om606 Wagon Build

No updates on the wagon, been driving it a lot lately and have racked up a ton of miles on it. It's been pretty much problem free and pretty boring tbh. Found this turd on market place and have been driving it as a daily. I bought it for possibly a pullout or just to enjoy as a driver. It's a bit rough around the edges but it was stupid cheap and runs and drives really nice. It has the om648 the last of the inline 6 diesels till just recently for Mercedes. It needs some cosmetic work, has 310,000 miles on it and piles of records which is really nice.

miWkEfA.jpg

xtfeE64.jpg

bDd0uo1.jpg

Finally did some work on the wagon, spent a few weeks in the motherland this summer and while i was there i got a 7/9 series carrier conversion kit. when i first put the car together i got a m47 driveshaft and for some reason the car had the tiny driveshaft on it. i didnt have the carrier bushing for the bigger bearing so i greased up the smaller donut and stretched it on there, well it finally ripped. i replaced all the ujoints and bearing while i had the driveshaft out.

32FS5pv.jpg

also did my biannual leak inspection and found nothing of note

8zbc8sv.jpg

vMvbobE.jpg

i have been working on my other cars recently, i went through and rebuilt all the steering and suspension components on my typhoon and resealed the intake and a bunch of other stuff. it runs and drives amazingly well now. i threw on some 1988 vette wheels that i had powdercoated. the wheels were made by the same company as the one that made the typhoon wheels so the stock centercaps fit which was really nice!

i5czqxu.jpg

Also i ended up doing a full service and replaced all the injectors on my cdi which hurt the wallet quite a bit. threw on some Amg wheels off a sl55 i found on market place and did the 4 piston brembo sport brakes up front. its been a great daily for me so far while my VW has been constantly stuck at the dealership for the past 4 months.

VoTKhKr.jpg

and due to how terrible the vw dealership has been we dumped our other tdi and got this instead

ljnnw9O.jpg

sI6W3R7.jpg

hopefully i come up with something to do with the wagon soon. suspension issues are the first thing i will be addressing this winter.

No updates on the wagon, been driving it a lot lately and have racked up a ton of miles on it. It's been pretty much problem free and pretty boring tbh. Found this turd on market place and have been driving it as a daily. I bought it for possibly a pullout or just to enjoy as a driver. It's a bit rough around the edges but it was stupid cheap and runs and drives really nice. It has the om648 the last of the inline 6 diesels till just recently for Mercedes. It needs some cosmetic work, has 310,000 miles on it and piles of records which is really nice.

You suck, I hate you. I tried to get one of those for almost 2 years before I gave up and got the 128i which I wound up hating.

Okay, I don't hate you, I envy you.

You suck, I hate you. I tried to get one of those for almost 2 years before I gave up and got the 128i which I wound up hating.

Okay, I don't hate you, I envy you.

they re hard to come by for cheap these days, i got this thing for super cheap but it needed a set of injectors, i rolled the dice on a set from istanbul and theyve been super solid but man, dealership wants 600ish a piece for them!

Damn thats cool let me know how it is. I think they didnt sell well and they kept dropping prices on em

Indeed - keep posting about it please! I'm bi-curious too. It's an Opel wagon wearing a Buick badge trying to compete in a sea of crossovers. They definitely didn't sell well - I saw a ton of dealers slashing prices in 2020 and last year as they were trying to clear out their inventories. Sad but predictable. I suspect it's a pretty solid car although I haven't experienced one in person.

I drove a previous-gen Opel Insignia in 2014 for about 10 days and really enjoyed it. 2.0L turbo 4-cyl with a 6MT and a hatchback.

yea its a very solid car, i usually get buick rental cars from work when i go to training and it definitely drives like a European car not a normal buick. we took it to pismo beach over the weekend and it got 32mpg which is nice considering its advertised at 29 hwy. we got this one cpo too so it has a really good warranty and it makes it nice because i can actually work on it myself at work!

they re hard to come by for cheap these days, i got this thing for super cheap but it needed a set of injectors, i rolled the dice on a set from istanbul and theyve been super solid but man, dealership wants 600ish a piece for them!

I actually anticipated that before buying one.

I found out that the same engine was used in trucks and vans. I also found out that purchasing those injectors for those vans/trucks was somehow cheaper than the car even though they were near as makes no difference the same injectors even though they had slightly different part numbers.

Not a whole lot cheaper, but the numbers I remember seeing were something like 20% off.

The only thing is I don't think those vehicles were sold in the con US. But the injectors were more or less available at places like FCP if you fed them the numbers.

That and replacing them was a challenge because the "black death" would also sort of cement them in place unless the block was hot. Meaning that you could basically do one injector at a time unless you had one of those pneumatic injector puller things that you'd never need to use again in 10 years.

Still jelly tho.

Yea even the van injectors have shot up quite a bit in price. You could get the injectors from the dodge dealerships and when i checked my cost (we own a dodge dealership in town) on them was 413 bucks for a reman. but i got mine from KEVA and they were like 220 a piece. the car had black death for sure and the dealership just kept replacing the seals. i cut new seats in the head when i did all the injectors and its been good to go so far! its having a issue with the swirl flaps right now but im getting ready to do a swirl flap bypass and egr bypass on it. its really a great driver.

I developed the most insane death wobble ive ever felt in the wagon pretty recently, when I put it together I kinda forgot what I used for fron end components so I looked up my old rock auto order and it turns out I ordered some close out inner tie rods and they were priced at a wallet crushing 49 cents. so I got some moog units and did the ball joints as well while I was under there, the vibration would be so bad between 55-65 mph you could barely drive the car or keep it on the road. while I was under there I decided to do a nut and bolt check since I really hadn't in a while. turns out my control arms were loose at the back where they mount on the frame and at the k member..... well I don't know if it was the tie rods that fixed it or the kinda loose bolts, either way its fixed. I went ahead and also got a tune for my cdi and promptly destroyed the transmission which was pretty fun while it lasted, I have it working now again after flushing out the valve body but it probably wasn't the best idea to put a tune on the car with the original trans in it at 315k lol. new one is on order from the dealership either way. im now just waiting on some suspension parts for the wagon and will be upgrading the injection pump here soon and going to a edc setup instead of the mechanical, (that's the plan at least).

I had the death wobble a few different times on the drift car, and it was always those 3 bolts that attach the bushing cup to the chassis being loose.

Good friends got a gifted 126 that would barely run. Normal 3z service and some pump tweaks turned it into a monster. Trans died a week later.

Back