• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mr.Borrie's 145 Workhorse

Mr.Borrie

The Sneaky F*ing Ukrainian
Needed a new workhorse after i sold the 740 awhile ago. I looked for a 40+ years car on LPG so i could drive around picking up parts. The DD S90 is great, but the beige interior is not so great when you have worked in your garage all day and want to drive home covered in grease.

Found a perfect example of - i dont give a sh*t- 145 (1971) with many nice bodypanel colors and a perfect stable running B18 from a amazon. Just what i was looking for in the perfect price range. Needs some work to pass inspection so whenever i feel like it i will do a some work on it. No real deadline set on this to be done but still a funny project. Bought i a few months ago actually but did not yet bother to post information up about it :lol:

Some photo's!

SWQdx9AfpkwkNf7kxI2TX12ISeitt6AIONGydJk5D00=w712-h534

foto%2B2.JPG

foto%2B3.JPG

foto%2B4.JPG

Last edited:
I almost forgot i already fixed on of the things needed to be repaired for inspection, faded headlight replaced :)

foto%2B1.JPG

NcGHiKCLjcDuYbS26-6q6kk6ZD--roiRc_AQ4KRFh1g=w401-h534-no

The other things on the list where a stuck ebrake line and some welding

What distance is your work commute? It does look like you could do the shopping with that as well. I wish there were more of those available here, my first Volvo was a '73 145.

What distance is your work commute? It does look like you could do the shopping with that as well. I wish there were more of those available here, my first Volvo was a '73 145.

I drive around 752 KM per month with my current job. If i where to drive daily with a 145 i'd bought a nicer looking model though. Its nice to have a car that you can just use and not care too much about.

I bought the daily S90 when i drove around 1000KM per week for my job as a consultant and needed a representative car. Come to think about it with my new job it doesnt even matter in what i turn up in :lol:

But i got used to having a nice DD car i dont think i want to go back to my student times where i would DD a old beaten 140 series because they where so cheap to drive and insure.

Last edited:
Nice, a yellow 145 is one of my favorite volvo. They're pretty rare to find here and usually

overpriced.

If you want to sell it in the future PM me :-P

Nice, a yellow 145 is one of my favorite volvo. They're pretty rare to find here and usually

overpriced.

If you want to sell it in the future PM me :-P

The same goes for the good looking 145's here, even more with the taxfree rules being tied up to 40 years. This one however has had some serious welding action by the prev owner but all done good so its a solid car. I'm still not sure how far i will take the restoration my initial plan is do as little as possible but i usually end up doing more :)

I will keep you in mind if i plan to sell it off

I am always amazed by the number of cool cars you have :cool:

I did sell off a whole bunch of them the last year. At one point i had 12 cars. The current amount is usually accurate in my signature. :lol: The meter is at six cars at the moment and that's a little too much compaired to the amount of free time i have.

I have the least use for the Amazon so i think i will restore that to a good condition so it should fetch some money and then see how its like to live with five car ;-)

Dat headlight :-P

The old one? Yeah i wonder why the inspection officer did not like it.. the glass is perfect :lol:

I almost went ahead and bought a set with angel eyes for the derp effect.. but then i though... dont spend on crap again when you have piles of parts

Yeah those could be related for sure!
Did a few thing not worth posting up on the car the last weeks, just when the weather is nice and me and my dad feel like it (its parked at my parents house)

We did pull the window in the back because some serious rust there, my dad is getting pretty good with the welder he made the steel plates and welded it shut in no time. It was not done in the picture yet but i did feel like putting it up here.

foto%2B1%2B%281%29.JPG

foto%2B2%2B%281%29.JPG

welding and paint is done, windows back in!.
Also ran out of LPG so had to look into why the car would not run on petrol. Made 2 stormbergs into one and got her running on petrol now too! (no picture of carb back)

IMG_9519.JPG

IMG_9521.JPG

IMG_9522.JPG

In a NA market, that would be a '71-'72 given the fresh air vent, arm rests and single pane rear cargo area glass.

Regardless, it's a keeper.

Back