• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Permatex High Performance Thread Sealant

Tox_Slaughter

Brick Lover
I'm using Permatex High Performance Thread Sealant on the fuel coupler threads between the main pump and the accumulator. I've done this job in the past (other kjet car) without any issue but having a heck of a time on this pump replacement.

Question - if you have used this thread sealant how long did you let the sealant cure before running the car? Product data sheet say 24 hours set time and completely cured in 72 hours.

While I enjoy working on my Volvo's I'm getting too familiar with the main fuel pump setup.

Thanks!

84 244 Turbo Kjet

Note - "The data contained herein are furnished for information only and are believed to be reliable. We cannot assume responsibility for the results obtained by others over whose methods we have no control. "

If it is the anaerobic thread sealant it is ready to use as soon as you have things buttoned up. It never really hardens. I always use that stuff for fuel pump and fuel filter replacements. It lets you tighten stuff up and get a seal without having to mongo tighten the fittings. Making them easier to service the next time. The one I always use is Loctite 592.

If it is the anaerobic thread sealant it is ready to use as soon as you have things buttoned up. It never really hardens. I always use that stuff for fuel pump and fuel filter replacements. It lets you tighten stuff up and get a seal without having to mongo tighten the fittings. Making them easier to service the next time. The one I always use is Loctite 592.
:nod: works very well.

The one I always use is Loctite 592.
:nod: works very well.

I've used this in industrial high-vacuum systems (10^-8psi) with great results. Any atmospheric leaks usually meant that I was replacing the insides of a furnace for the next week or two.

At the shop I have a tube of Rectorseal #5. I use it on fittings and sensors with great success in gasoline/diesel/oil. It's also available at most hardware stores in a yellow squeeze tube :)

For both the loctite and the Rectorseal I just assemble and go. I haven't come across any leaks yet....

I've used this in industrial high-vacuum systems (10^-8psi) with great results. Any atmospheric leaks usually meant that I was replacing the insides of a furnace for the next week or two.

At the shop I have a tube of Rectorseal #5. I use it on fittings and sensors with great success in gasoline/diesel/oil. It's also available at most hardware stores in a yellow squeeze tube :)

For both the loctite and the Rectorseal I just assemble and go. I haven't come across any leaks yet....

I'd like to see pics of your furnaces please, sounds cool

Back